cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture distortion

AndyDM
Tuning in

Hi,

I’ve got the V6 and most of my channels via the box are unwatchable since the storm in my area on Wednesday. The picture is greatly distorted and almost like static. This is in the Banstead SM7 area.

I’ve tried rebooting and tightening connections to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a video or picture of this? I can't decide if you're reporting pixellated pictures or something else. If it's only on live TV, you've probably got a signal fault if so. Is your OnDemand service affected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Many thanks. I’ve attached a picture. I had to crop it and decrease quality as the forums wouldn’t allow the filesize, but that’s generally what it looks like.

The channels that are always affected are the BBC channels, ITV, 4, and random other channels like Sky One. On demand seems to be working.

Thanks again.

A64FA240-CBF7-4886-A312-FEC272F7B813.jpeg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've either got quite a severe signal issue, or possibly a tuner/decoding fault within your V6. You've mentioned OnDemand being fine, have you tried restarting the box? Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

If that clears the issue, job done. I suspect it will persist at some point, in which case you'll need to report your fault to Virgin Media. You've mentioned a couple of channel names, but not whether those are the SD or HD ones. And I'll wager the channels that you think are random, are probably common to a couple of broadcast frequencies.

Either 150 (from a VM phone), 0345 4541111 (from any other phone), or wait on here (maybe a couple of days) for Virgin staff to pick up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I’ve tried rebooting at the switch and via the menu, and reloaded channels but to no avail. Weirdly I lost a load of channels earlier in the day, but have them back now. I’ll give them a bell tomorrow.

Thank you for your help. 😄

Hi AndyDM

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of the service issues. 

I've taken a look into this for you and can report the following - your area is affected by an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue. You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you

The fault reference for your records is F009187375 and the estimated fix date is tomorrow at 13.45.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Apologies for the late reply. Thank you for that as I couldn't get through on the phone. Sadly it still seems to be an issue - is there a revised ETA for a fix? 

Thanks again.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is anything reported on the automated status line? I'd expect anything service affecting to be listed on there - 0800 5610061