cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Stuttering on V6

Gingerbeardyman
On our wavelength

Over the last couple of months or V6 box's picture has started stuttering and becomes unresponsive. I've tried rebooting and resetting (and running the diagnostics) which hasn't helped. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6

Steve1701
Rising star

Hey, Gingerbeardyman 

As a last resort, have you tried a full reset of the V6:

Home Button > Help and Settings > Settings > Clear or Reset TiVo box > Clear & Delete Everything ...

Beware though, this will remove any series links and recorded programs during reset, but the V6 'should' download a 'clean' version of the software as it reboots.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Although I'm sure the advice to "reset everything" is well intentioned, it's totally inappropriate & excessive for this query. I would suggest ignoring it until we've established more details of your issue.

Let's check the basics here before proceeding.

Is your picture problematic on... live TV? Recorded programmes? OnDemand?

All 3 would indicate different issues, and so different courses of advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Currently it's on everything; live and playback (we use dedicated apps for streaming though, so don't know)

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Taking the basics then, if live broadcast TV channels are breaking up that's indicative of a signal fault- which could either be a box or cabling fault. One reboot should be enough to eliminate the basics.

I'd suggest either calling in to report that, or waiting here (might be a couple of days) for VM staff to pick this up.

I'm not sure what you mean by "using dedicated apps" - do you mean the in-built apps on the box? Or on your TV/device/whatever else?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Gingerbeardyman (great username that)

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the picture issue. All your input levels are out of spec on the TV box. This needs a tech visit. 

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM Gingerbeardyman

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in. 

This can be tracked in your online account

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill