cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for 2nd Box

Pete1953
Tuning in

When I had the TV  V6 , powered by Tivo, I was given the option to keep or return the original old box, I kept it when told it was free? it is in a spare room and seldom used..

I have now been told that I am paying £10 a month for this second box, is this true as it never shows on my bill.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
All pre-TiVo boxes should all now be permanently disconnected and deactivated, and all charges removed.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like this is an old, non-returned box, rather than a multi-room box as would commonly be known.

Is it a TiVo or a V6? Check here if you're not sure.

You say "I have now been told" - by whom? Can you post up a copy of your bill, with personal details blanked out?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
All pre-TiVo boxes should all now be permanently disconnected and deactivated, and all charges removed.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thank you both for your replies, sorry I haven't replied earlier, a few problems.
The V6 box has been returned, no problem, it was the first box I received when we moved from Telewest years and years ago.
I have four Tv’s in the house, two have always been via my roof arial, giving me an excellent picture.
When the original Virgin box was updated to the Tivo Box (not at my request), I asked the Engineer if I should dump the old box, he responded by saying that I could have it returned or put it in another room as it would not cost anything, I opted for it to be put in my bedroom, if he had said that I would be charged for it I would have connected the bedroom Tv to the roof arial with the others and sent the old box back.
When I had a query about another issue a couple of weeks ago, as an aside , the agent mentioned a ten pound monthly charge for this second box, which I had always thought was free, and it was then that the agent said that each item on my bill is not itemised, just the packages, although it does show on hers!
The box has now been returned, the bedroom Tv is connected to the roof arial (excellent picture), and I am now a bit annoyed that the items on the bill are not itemised individually and wonder how many other subscribers are paying for something not really needed?
Any opinion on this please?

Hi Pete, thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of this! 

It is true to say additional boxes are built into your monthly package price and so would not be listed on your bills. We can see all the elements included in your package on your systems, and so this is why the agent was confirm if it was included. 

I can appreciate all round this has been a poor experience for you.If you would like to raise a complaint regarding this so we can have a record of your feedback and investigate further just let me know, and I will send you a PM to get this sorted for you. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hello Molly,

Thank you for your suggestion, I was not going to bother about a complaint, but as a few days went by I have changed my mind because others could well be in the same situation that I have been for some years.

A point that you mentioned,  "We can see all the elements included in your package on your systems, and so this is why the agent was confirm if it was included". if the agent can see this, why can't we the subscribers, see the itemised items and prices within the package.

So yes please, I would like to raise a complaint.

Thank you

Pete.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Additional boxes usually do show on the bills, but you only see a package price as most items are subject to a range of discounts. When these were shown on bills years ago they got very confusing, & after customer complaints & several referrals to OFCOM they were simplified.

Under the current OFCOM rules some charges like Line Rental cannot be shown separately on bills anymore. Its a no win situation.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You say that the second box was "seldom used", so it must have been used on some occasions and been an active box and you have been charged accordingly.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

As I said earlier, the original box was replaced with a more up to date model, there was an issue with it.

I was told I could send it back or just put it somewhere else, there would not be a charge on it!!

My point is that my Statements, and probably every other subscriber, if they have two,  do not show that I was paying for two boxes, I think they should.

The original box has now been returned and the Tv in the bedroom is now using the roof arial with the other two Tv's. kitchen and third bedroom.

I have paid many pounds for an item that I not need. and which I was told by the engineer was free.

Hi Pete1953,

Thank you for getting back to us. I will pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and raise this for you.

Kind regards

Beth