Menu
Delboy68
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Partial Recording

Hi - sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I've had a trawl through the Forum and can't seem to find a similar issue reported/solution. We've occasionally recorded items but when we go to view, after a few minutes, the recording appears to freeze. Turning the TV Box off/on doesn't help and deleting/reinstating the program makes no difference. Quite frustrating if i'm honest - today it happened with the MotoGP. Additionally, the Virgin TV App only allows you to view live broadcasts whereas the BT Sport app has the race available for viewing c. 60 mins after broadcast.

Is there a solution to the partial recordings please? the Recording Hiccups doesn't actually state the reason for the program not recording full.

Thanks

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Partial Recording

You appear to be have a few different issues that may or may not be related or have a solution.

"We've occasionally recorded items but when we go to view, after a few minutes, the recording appears to freeze."
The obvious question is why would you go to view a program a few minutes after the recording starts?  Putting that aside, there is no reason why you should not he able to view a program that is being recorded, what may cause, and I stress may cause an issue is using the fast forward functions.  Using the fast forward (and cue, features would logically cause an issue as there is no where for these features to go.

"Turning the TV Box off/on doesn't help and deleting/reinstating the program makes no difference."
I the problem is being caused by the above then toggling the box off and back on would make no difference, by  "deleting/reinstating the program" does this refer to the program you are recording or something else?

"Additionally, the Virgin TV App only allows you to view live broadcasts whereas the BT Sport app has the race available for viewing c. 60 mins after broadcast."
Is this the TV to go app or are you referring to specific channels view-able via your V6 box?

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Partial Recording

Hello Delboy68,

I'm sorry you've been having any issues. 

We're here to help, michaeldavis has pretty much done the same questioning we would have so if you get back to us with the answers, we'll be happy to assist.

Many thanks, 

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos