cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental control

Tomola25
Just joined

I was wondering weather you can edit the parental controls on virgin media TV box to allow my children to watch things rated 12 when they want.rarther than them have to ask me to put in the pin every time.bit I still want the other restrictions on

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect the option you're looking for is... Home > Help & Settings > Parental Controls > Request a PIN to watch recordings

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

carebear1
Tuning in

Unfortunately you can’t. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@carebear1 wrote:

Unfortunately you can’t. 

Judging by @carebear1 post in another thread, the advice above refers to the TV360 platform.

This thread is in the V6 forum, and @Tomola25 has different software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes it does now but I’m a longtime virgin customer and I also had the same questions about parental controls when my boxes were still V6. V6 or 360 neither can be customised in the way the OP wants. Virgins advice was the same as yours just use a pin which we already did. 

*edited* I’ve only had my updated system since Feb. Been with virgin 8 years. 

Hey there @carebear1, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with the parental controls.
Unfortunately as far as I'm aware, this is not something that can be altered, the reason for it is for the safety and control of what can be done on the TV services, it has been kept broad and not made user specific for safety of the content viewed.
You can find more information about this here

However, I will feed this information back regarding the frustration it can cause 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs