cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light - won't turn on

dannypledge
Tuning in

Hi, when watching Virgin 2 days ago it turned off and on back to the 'Welcome' screen and then turned off and has had an orange light on it since and will not turn on. 

I have unplugged it from the wall, have unplugged all of the wires and replugged in. 

Last time this happened I needed a new box, could you let me know how I can speak to someone to get this sorted please as have an unhappy child who can't currently get their CBeebies fix! 

Thanks

Danny

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Assuming the "welcome" & "Starting up" cycle is still showing on your TV, it sounds like your V6 is stuck in the reboot cycle. As a last throw of the dice, you can try...

Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally"

If this fails, then you'll need to report your problem to VM Faults.

@dannypledge wrote:

Last time this happened I needed a new box, could you let me know how I can speak to someone to get this sorted

150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault" to book the tech appointment you'll need.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey, no the 'Welcome' & Start Up' cycle isn't showing on the TV (which is odd as last time it happened to me it did) , but this time nothing is showing from the input at all.

I am not at home so will give it a try tonight and if not will give them a call. 

Thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dannypledge,

Thanks for providing updates on this, and working with our Community to try and identify a fix for this issue. I've had a look on our side and can see that you've been able to get assistance with this and booked a Technician.

Please do keep us updated on how the visit goes, or if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi, a new box was needed and the technician was very good and was able to swap out and change. 👍

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know this.

I am very happy to hear this has been resolved for you.

Please do reach out in the near future if you ever need anything. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?