cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light - Box stuck in boot loop

CeeDee666
Joining in

Hi,

I've got an issue with my Tivo V6. It's stuck in a boot loop "Welcome, Bienvenue etc" then Starting Up...and back again.

Rebooted multiple times, switched TV's and plugged in via ethernet with no joy.

Could a VM representative PM me to discuss arranging for a replacement box please?

Happy to do a self install.

(Tried to call but I know the customer services are understaffed at the mo due to covid)

Thanks

D Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you want an immediate response, you are currently best to call in - faults C/S are open, and their queues really aren't as bad as they have been.

Staff may take upto a day to respond at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you want an immediate response, you are currently best to call in - faults C/S are open, and their queues really aren't as bad as they have been.

Staff may take upto a day to respond at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm in no hurry, have 2x boxes one working one not.

We will get by until a VM operative responds. 🙂

DS

CeeDee666
Joining in

I swapped over the working box last night with the faulty box and when I came home today from work the working box was showing a blue light this time.

Couldn't get it to work where it was, orange light was now showing on this box, so moved it back to its original position where it is connected via an RJ45 Ethernet connection.

After a few minutes the box came to life and was working again.

I started to suspect that there is an issue with the Wi-Fi. I tried the box with the fault on the ethernet connection but it made no difference.

The hard drive on the faulty box is making some noises that are common with faulty disk drives.

With the amount of money I am paying a month and the time I've been with VM I hope they resolve this soon.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@CeeDee666 wrote:

With the amount of money I am paying a month and the time I've been with VM I hope they resolve this soon.

What you're paying makes no difference to the fault process. Your issues - which likely are a failing hard drive with the onward consequences - should be resolved either with a faults call or when this threads is picked up by VM staff.

CeeDee666
Joining in

Hi,

I've got an issue with my Tivo V6. It's stuck in a boot loop "Welcome, Bienvenue etc" then Starting Up...and back again.

Rebooted multiple times, switched TV's and plugged in via ethernet with no joy.

Could a VM representative PM me to discuss arranging for a replacement box please?

Happy to do a self install.

Thanks

D Scott

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CeeDee666,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your Tivo box.

I can see you have spoken to customer services since your latest post who have attempted to push through a software update. Please can you confirm whether this has changed things or whether you're still requiring further assistance?

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Box is still stuck in the same state.

Currently waiting on a call back.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CeeDee666,

Sorry to hear that this hit has not been successful. I've tried looking into this for you but struggled to identify the piece of equipment in question from your previous posts - is this the Tivo or V6? You should be able to tell here.

If our faults team call you back in the meantime, gret! Please keep us posted 🙂

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Its a TV V6 box. We have 2x so are getting by the with one at the moment.

Still waiting on the call back but the day is young and I didn't specify a time as indoors all day today.

I'm sure it'll be resolved soon. 🙂