cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand

Clarky2501
Joining in

Hi there. 
I really need someone to help me. Every time I watch on demand services 8/10 it cuts out with a network issue. I phoned virgin they ran tests, worked fine for a week and now tonight it cut out again. I’ve reset my box etc. Can someone please help me. Thank you 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OnDemand comes over the internet, and on a V6 box this is via your homehub. So the first thing to check - how is your V6 connected to your homehub, is it an Ethernet cable ot wireless?

If it's wireless, what's the signal strength? Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network and look in the top-right.

When you have problems using VoD, do you get any specific error code? You've mentioned a network error, but there should be a code associated with that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It’s connected through a Ethernet Cable. Does that make a difference? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Clarky2501 wrote:

It’s connected through a Ethernet Cable. Does that make a difference? 

It means the variables associated with WiFi aren't a factor here.

So it's back to my other question - when you have problems using VoD, do you get any specific error code? You've mentioned a network error, but there should be a code associated with that - which will help identify the underlying cause.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hey thanks 

It happened again today. It said the show was currently unavailable after watching it for 30mins and to check the status. There was nothing wrong with the status etc when I look in the app. I’m sure there was a 206 in the bottom right hand corner of the error box. Not 100% though 

Hi @Clarky2501,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with your on-demand service.

Just to confirm does this occur on multiple channels and shows on on-demand? You may also find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-on-demand-not-working

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yeah it’s happens on multiple shows and channels yeah. It’s very temperamental 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could the error code be 602?