cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand

Billsy90
Joining in

Hi I am unable to access on demand stuff and some recordings and streaming won’t work just says is you’re set top box plugged in 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Recordings are stored on your V6's hards drive and won't be affected by loss of Internet, however the "rogue" recordings may be OnDemand bookmarks rather than genuine recordings.

With that in mind, all the functions you're having problems with are internet-based, your V6 connects via your home-hub. Is it connected by Ethernet cable or is it WiFi?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what is shown in the top-right?

Finally do you get any error codes when VoD fails? You should do, and that will help ID what's going on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Recordings are stored on your V6's hards drive and won't be affected by loss of Internet, however the "rogue" recordings may be OnDemand bookmarks rather than genuine recordings.

With that in mind, all the functions you're having problems with are internet-based, your V6 connects via your home-hub. Is it connected by Ethernet cable or is it WiFi?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what is shown in the top-right?

Finally do you get any error codes when VoD fails? You should do, and that will help ID what's going on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Connected via Ethernet cable and no error codes ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also on the left-hand-side, are regular 6hourly connections shown with success?

Try watching an OnDemand programme, if it fails to play you will get an error code. Perhaps take a photo of the error message and post it on here.

Top right up address and MAC address when I connect to on demand I get this screen 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not attached any image... when you reply to this post, use the attach option that I've highlighted.. and remember there'll be a delay on the picture showing while it's manually approved.

japitts_0-1648930671606.png

@japitts wrote:

You've not attached any image... when you reply to this post, use the attach option that I've highlighted.. and remember there'll be a delay on the picture showing while it's manually approved.

CA2DEA1D-A28C-45D4-AA02-C813C4D93BCB.jpeg

@japitts wrote:

• @japitts wrote:

@japitts wrote:

Hi Billsy90, thank you for posting! Sorry to hear of your issues whilst watching on Demand content. 

Having had a look on our systems I have been unable to locate your account. I would like to offer further support and look into this for you, so I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details.

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your inbox. 
We can return to the public thread as soon as possible with an update - thank you to the community forum their support so far. 

All the best. 

Molly