cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand service not working

mantis1806
Dialled in

When I play a HD anything on demand film or TV series adverts play then freezes at end adverts. When I play uhd content Black screen with the length of film bar nothing works. BBC i player works netflix works. No on demand works catchup everything any ideas 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On your V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output, and make sure that 1080 is selected.

If you do have an HDCP-compatibility issue, this should be a workaround while you then investigate which part of your install is causing it. If it makes no difference, then HDCP issues are eliminated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

VM-Alex
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

This is a HDMI issue. 

Are you using TV 360 or V6 TiVo?

First thing to try is a different HDMI port on the TV each brand has a preference, it can be any of them so try them all. If you have a spare HDMI cable try that also. 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Got it working now turned tivo box off all night changed hdmi port and hdmi cable worked on another port. Changed it back to original port with new hdmi cable working now  I think the cable was broken not sure

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Those symptoms are also consistent with a 4K/UHD HDCP issue.

Output set at 2160 can cause issues in such scenarios.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I rang up virgin technical support. They said to. Me it was a outage want be fixed to 7 th April 2022 weird that

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry for the issues faced mantis1806,

Welcome back to the community!

Have you been given a time estimate for the ticket tomorrow?

Also once it has passed, let us know whether you can access the On demand service.

Thanks,

Kain

No time giving still waiting just said tomorrow havnt tried it yet see if its fixed

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On your V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output, and make sure that 1080 is selected.

If you do have an HDCP-compatibility issue, this should be a workaround while you then investigate which part of your install is causing it. If it makes no difference, then HDCP issues are eliminated.

Stops working then works any ideas please

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by "stops working then works"?

The more info you can give on what's happening, the better we can advise you.