cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand not working

bunyipboy
Joining in

Hi guys, my on demands not been working for a few days now. Tried everything, rebooting and changing screen resolution as advised on previous posts but no joy. 

Also bt sports1 not working shows error code w02 but rebooting doesn't fix it. 

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've got 2 issues here.

Firstly OnDemand uses the internet, and a TiVo (if that's what you have - check here if you're not sure) has an inbuilt connection separate from your home broadband.

There's a green "heartbeat" LED on the front-left of a TiVo that's the status for the modem - does this ever flash when you have VoD problems? It's (likely box) fault if so.

W02 is a classic "loss of signal" error that should be reported to VM. Do you have any problems with 4-Seven HD or BBC News HD?

Check for known area faults using 0800 5610061, but otherwise...

You will ultimately be best calling VM Faults - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Or you can wait here for staff to respond which may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've got 2 issues here.

Firstly OnDemand uses the internet, and a TiVo (if that's what you have - check here if you're not sure) has an inbuilt connection separate from your home broadband.

There's a green "heartbeat" LED on the front-left of a TiVo that's the status for the modem - does this ever flash when you have VoD problems? It's (likely box) fault if so.

W02 is a classic "loss of signal" error that should be reported to VM. Do you have any problems with 4-Seven HD or BBC News HD?

Check for known area faults using 0800 5610061, but otherwise...

You will ultimately be best calling VM Faults - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Or you can wait here for staff to respond which may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the reply japits, 

My mistake I actually have the v6 TV box, thanks for the link to check. 

I tried four7hd and bbc news HD and neither of them are working either just same error code as bt sport 1.

Looks like I need to contact vm then when I have a spare few hours. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Those 3 channels are on the same broadcast frequency - there are 5 others - so that's virtual confirmation of a signal fault.

Your OnDemand issue could be different. If you have a V6, the internet is via your homehub, so is yours connected by Ethernet cable or by wireless?

Do you get any error codes or messages when you try to use VoD? That'll give a clue as to what might be going on.

Thanks for getting back, 

Internet is via ether net cable not WiFi. 

When I try to watch VoD I get a "this show is temporarily unavailable" notice. No obvious error code but 502 in the bottom right corner. Tried looking this number up but no corresponding error code numbers. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bunyipboy,

Thank you for your post and welcome to forums 🙂 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with on demand. I have managed to locate your account and all looks fine.

Are you still having issues?

Zoie

Hi, yes still have the same issues. No bt sports1 and unable to access on demand TV. Tried everything from the troubleshooting pages online. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I stand by my comment in post-4 above... "Those 3 channels are on the same broadcast frequency - there are 5 others - so that's virtual confirmation of a signal fault."

502 is an odd error code that I've not come across before, and isn't listed on error code help either.

I wouldn't be surprised if @bunyipboy - you have other channels affected by this problem, but haven't spotted them yet.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated on this bunyipboy, I can't see any obvious issues that would be causing this - so if you've checked all connections to/from the box already I think it's probably best we arrange an engineer-visit so we can investigate further. Please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope) and we'll be able to get that sorted for you.

Tom