cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand not working - error 408 - sky max

j1mgg1980
On our wavelength

Hi,

Trying to watch swat on sky max through the search function, but getting error 408.

It was working at the weekend, but no longer. Tested using Supergirl as it is the same channel, but get the same error, although searching gold rush and selecting an episode works, this is on discovery.

Thanks,

Jim

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are there any specific individual episodes you're having problems with?

I've just played one episode of SWAT picked completely at random, and it plays fine.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jim,

Have you checked for any local errors using Check My Service Status as per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/408 

Or called the automated Service Status number  on 0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It happens on the episodes I have tried with swat season 4, even the early episodes I watched over the weekend, so no idea what is happening.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@j1mgg1980 wrote:

It happens on the episodes I have tried with swat season 4.

Which ones - can you be specific?

It will help others (myself included) to try watching the same episodes and see if we get the same issue.

Is anything reported on either the website or automated status line?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @j1mgg1980,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some TV errors when watching TV shows on demand! 

I understand that this is not ideal and we'll be more than happy to help with this issue. 🙂

As @japitts suggested, please provide the exact episode that you're having issues with so we can see if we're able to recreate this issue and assist further. 
Can you tell us if you've been able to reboot your TV box to see if this has cleared any issues? 

Keep us updated if you can.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice, but this seems to have resolved itself, and I can join watch season 4 ep 1-6

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @j1mgg1980

Thanks very much for popping back to let us know. I'm glad to hear the issues is now resolved 🙂

If there's anything else you need, please do let us know and we would be happy to help!

Kind regards,

Serena