Menu
JBeedie
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On demand content

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has a similar issue, or if anyone knows anything about the catch up and on demand content available on Virgin?

So for example last night my wife and I wanted to catch up on Escape to the Chateau which was on Channel 4 the previous night. Now if you look on catch up on the Virgin box, it is not showing as available. I have had this issue with other on demand services such as BBC iplayer, 5OD and ITV player. But having a smart TV I can log on to the All4 app and Escape to the Chateau is available?

So with this all singing all dancing V6 box from Virgin, why can't I just view the programmes on there? Currently I have the Full House bundle - is this a subscription issue?

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand content

It's a "it's not been uploaded to the VM servers" issue. 

It doesn't come from all4, Channel 4 provide VM with a copy to upload to their servers which then appears on catch up. This is not always instant and is sometimes me missed, assuming that the program is in the agreement between C4 and VM.

This is the same for the other providers too.

That's why there is always more on the relevant apps or services compared with VM.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

yeh it is down to the companies themselves, channel 4 channel 5 etc. they choose who gets what and you always find everything on their own website. to sky and virgin etc they drip feed content. nothing can do about that unless money was no object to sky and virgin, but of course prices would go up.
0 Kudos
JBeedie
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both. I did wonder that, but when I was with Sky (left at Christmas) I was always able to get all the catch up through my box. Maybe sky were better with integrating the apps on their box

0 Kudos