cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand broken

Grey_Area
Tuning in

Stuttering and playing out of sequence in 5 or 10 second chunks. Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've just picked a couple of episodes and they've played ok for me.

Can you watch other OnDemand programmes ok? Try picking something random from non-BBC (that's an app) CatchUp and see if that plays ok?

I'm trying to establish if this is a problem with your OnDemand service in general. And since you've mentioned a wireless connection, what's your V6 signal strength reported as? Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check the top-right corner.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this on all OnDemand programmes, or just particular ones?

How long have you had this problem?

Your V6 has a connection to the internet via your homehub, which is used for VOD. Is that connection wired or wireless?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Grey_Area

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the OnDemand feature. 

In order for us to look in to this further, can you please provide the information requested by japitts. This will help us to understand if the issue is related to the equipment or the signal/connection being received on the box. 

Thank you 

Nat

It was every episode of Brassic. Connection was wireless. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've just picked a couple of episodes and they've played ok for me.

Can you watch other OnDemand programmes ok? Try picking something random from non-BBC (that's an app) CatchUp and see if that plays ok?

I'm trying to establish if this is a problem with your OnDemand service in general. And since you've mentioned a wireless connection, what's your V6 signal strength reported as? Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check the top-right corner.

OMG !!!

I feel your pain Gray_Area ,

Pure sacrilege to interrupt Brassic 😢

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

I stream a lot of services in HD using my TV rather than the tivo box... Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, BBC iplayer. Its also wireless so I'd be surprised if connection strength was the issue. (TV is further from the router than the Tivo box)

Actually, might just see if Brassic is available on iplayer on the TV... thanks! 

True... an incredible show on so many levels... 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Grey_Area wrote:

I stream a lot of services in HD using my TV rather than the tivo box... Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, BBC iplayer. Its also wireless so I'd be surprised if connection strength was the issue. (TV is further from the router than the Tivo box)

That may be so, but if you want to troubleshoot what's causing these issues, then checking the signal strength is the next step, and isn't complicated to do.

Edited to add: It may be that there's something else causing this, but we need to eliminate the wireless connection first. Another test you can do at the same time, is to follow.... Home > Help & Settings > Help > (Top of screen menu) > TV Speed test

Hmm, I don't have any options there. I'm at home => Help and Settings => Settings => Network and all I have at the top is

Next attempt, Last attempt and Status

Ethernet Connection Details, IP Addr.and MAC ID.

The only available options are

Connect to the Virgin Media Service Now, View Network Status and View Network Diagnostics