cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand - not working

Sunshine1705
Tuning in

Hi, I’m new to this community, but was hoping for some advice if possible…We have a Samsung UE55HU7500 which we used to be able to watch Catch Up on through Virgin Media TiVo but a while ago this stopped working. It’s only now we have been able to investigate as the TV is hung on the wall so awkward to move HDMI leads around etc. The HDMI from the TiVo box goes into a Yamaha sound bar then HDMI from there to TV. I have moved the HDMI in the TV to HDCP 2.2 port but this hasn’t worked either! The only way I can watch Catchup TV is to change the output to 1080 resolution which is frustrating as it used to work!

12 REPLIES 12

That’s great, thank you for all the advice & yes I agree no point in paying for additional upgrade when it’s clearly not the issue! I will purchase some HDMI leads to test and eliminate as to which device isn’t compatible - maybe it’s the sound bar ?

Yes it could be the sound bar. If it's not HDCP 2.2 compliant (like the V6 and your TV), and the sound bar in the chain could be only 1.4 compliant, then your TV will work if content is dumbed down to 1080p.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sunshine1705,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your On Demand services. I understand that this is not ideal.

Have you taken a look at our OnDemand Issues page

Please keep us updated and let us know if you need any further assistance. We're more than happy to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs