cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand Failure Again!!

Razor72
Joining in

Every weekend my on demand services do not work, it goes through the adverts and then freezes. All connections are fine. Any ideas as to what may be the problem, fine during the week by the way!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you get any error code/messages onscreen when your VoD freezes? You should do.. and that will give a clue as to the cause.

When you say "all connections are fine", how do you know? What have you done to check? Specifics may help here - and avoid us asking you to check things you might have already done.

The connection between your V6 & homehub, for it is this that provides the internet connectivity, can either be wireless or Ethernet cabled - what is yours?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you get any error code/messages onscreen when your VoD freezes? You should do.. and that will give a clue as to the cause.

When you say "all connections are fine", how do you know? What have you done to check? Specifics may help here - and avoid us asking you to check things you might have already done.

The connection between your V6 & homehub, for it is this that provides the internet connectivity, can either be wireless or Ethernet cabled - what is yours?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for your reply.

It’s connected by Ethernet. I also had an engineer out last weekend to look at another box and there were no issues when he was here with connections.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok... and my other question... Do you get any error code/messages onscreen when your VoD freezes? You should do.. and that will give a clue as to the cause.

Was the engineer specifically looking at the internet connectivity on this V6? And when you say they were looking at "another box", do you mean you have multiroom TV boxes? Or was this an internet fault and they were checking your router?

Are you watching on a 4K and/or Samsung TV?

The engineer was looking at another box in another room but checked all the connections on the main hub.

my TV is a Samsung.

thank you

Sorry error code is 604

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Razor72 wrote:

Sorry error code is 604

You have a short-time after posting to edit your posts and avoid multiple short replies - use "post options" in the top-right of the reply window and choose "edit post".

604 can sometimes be an HDCP-compatibility issue, so let's rule that out. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Video output, and make sure 1080 is selected as an output resolution - see what difference that makes.

This is also covered on error code help - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 

Brilliant, this seems to have sorted it by changing to 1090.

thank you so much for your help.