cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old V+ box

ewaf88
Tuning in

This is not the correct board but Virgin do not have one for my old Samsung V+ box which acted as a spare for my bedroom.

It has a card in the back and hasn't been used for around 4 years so I missed the upgrade message l.

Basically will Virgin supply an upgrade and if so who on Earth do I contact in their multitude of departments - thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Call VM who will supply a TiVo as a free replacement. VM don't want your old box back.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thank you very much

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Call VM who will supply a TiVo as a free replacement. VM don't want your old box back.

I wouldn't be sure of that - my understanding is that all V boxes that weren't upgraded should have been removed from accounts and not billed anymore. Therefore a V/V HD/V+ HD box is now a disconnected box, and the free swaps don't apply now that they're not part of the active TV service.

As Virgin Media now don't offer TiVo boxes as new installs or as extra additional boxes (only as fault replacements for those that already have an active TiVo box) then any new box request has to be either V6 or 360 with the associated requirement for Virgin Fibre broadband too, along with any new install costs for a new additional box.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Oh, good point about the billing, worth checking if there has been charges for the past four years.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Oh, good point about the billing, worth checking if there has been charges for the past four years.

Just because a box isn't powered on, doesn't mean it won't still be charged for as part of the account.

Charges will have stopped once the V+ box was completely decommissioned. Up till that point it was capable of working, but it was the OP's choice not to use it or have it removed from the account if they didn't want it anymore (bundle dependent).

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ewaf88

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regrding your V+ TB box, what a blast from the past! I have taken a look on your systems and the V+ box was decommissioned. If you wish to add an additional set top box where you once used the V+, please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we can get this arranged.

Best wishes,

Serena