cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Observations on recent TV outage

Anthonyec
Tuning in

Hi,

I’ve got a few observations on the way Virgin media handled the recent TV outage. The first I noticed there was a problem when I couldn’t get any TV. So I re-booted my V6 box, that had no effect. I then tried a reset, same again, no effect. At this point I called 150, I was told the team was busy and was cut off, I tried a couple more times, same message. I then tried the website, only to be greeted by some message about you updating the website. My next action was to visit down detector website, I then found information that Virgin media was having BIG problems with its TV services.

I really shouldn’t have to go to a third party website to find out what’s wrong. Why couldn’t there be a message on 150 saying you were experiencing problems, the same goes for the website. I also noticed on Twitter that people wanting compensation were being directed to terms and conditions stating that you have to be without service for 48hrs from the time you first report an issue. It wasn’t possible to report an issue, Virgin had isolated themselves from the customers. This shows complete contempt for your customers that pay quite considerable amounts for TV, Broadband & Phone services. The message on the website went on about some super upgrade, clearly this wasn’t really the case, it was just a means of preventing customers from contacting Virgin Media.

I don’t mind if Virgin Media have a technical issue, these things happen, but please don’t treat your customers as fools, that is unacceptable. I don’t know if this message will get to anyone who matters or cares, I can only hope, but based on past performance I doubt that it will make any difference. Such a shame, as when it all works it’s very good.

Regards Anthony

3 REPLIES 3

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Anthibyec, 

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry you were affected by the outage, thank you for your feedback on this and we can pass this on. 

Zoie

Zoie
Thanks, but such a shame you couldn’t spell my name correctly.

Anthony

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Anthonyec,

I am sorry for that, we do aim to do this but human errors can happen time to time.

Have a lovely day.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide