cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No tv guide on V6 box after holiday

peterstiles
Tuning in

I have just returned from almost 3 weeks holiday during which I switched off the V6 box. Now there is no TV guide at all. Every channel simply says "To be announced". I have attempted to update but without effect. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @peterstiles 

The box has been off for 3 weeks so it will need to download any over the air updates that have been issued, plus all the EPG data.

Make sure you have the V6 connected to the internet.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network >  Reconnect to the virgin media network 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @peterstiles 

The box has been off for 3 weeks so it will need to download any over the air updates that have been issued, plus all the EPG data.

Make sure you have the V6 connected to the internet.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network >  Reconnect to the virgin media network 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also to add, if the TV box is switched off at the mains, it can't record any programmes you scheduled. VM's TV boxes are designed to be left on 24x7, and have power-saving precisely for this sort of scenario.

Once the box is powered-back-up, once the internet connection is re-established it should auto populate the EPG in a couple of hours - however it can take a while the first time round. If this doesn't happen, use the method described in the previous post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks