Menu
kiiid1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No subtitles for on-demand films??

Got recently upgraded with this amazing V6 device and a Sky Cinema package, but... none of the on-demand films have subtitles 😞

I can see the very same films do have subtitles when they are on live, so I can't understand why the subtitles are not being transferred for on demand as well. The whole on-demand package is now totally useless for me without subtitles.There are many people out there, who for one reason or another depend on, or prefer to watch with subtitles, and right now their experience is limited or completely cut-off by this easily solvable issue. I demand action on this!

Has any effort been made so far to get this rectified so people can actually receive what they are paying for?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No subtitles for on-demand films??

Hi kiiid1,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community.

I can only apologise that the subtitles are not available for you but I'll certainly feed this back to our team as we're always looking for ways to improve our service.

If you have any further queries please let us know.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
roddydogs
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just saying thiis really bugs me too.  What makes it worse is the sound, especially on the older films, is often poor. No its not my equipment, its poor end of.

M4RC1N
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've noticed the same. Sky was bad and Virgin is not any better in this matter.

And since I have to pay for renting a film on Virgin anyway I prefer to go to Amazon and, having Amazon Prime, rent the very same film with subtitles.

The price is similar and sometimes even slightly lower. And subtitles are always there.

And since money talks, Sky and Virgin will eventually have to comply with clients requests or loose business to Amazon.

After all, both Sky and Virgin, exist because of us Clients. And if they can't provide the service we require our money flows elsewhere.

0 Kudos
dkendall92
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issues. I have sky movies on demand and there are no subtitles available.

I have tried to contact virgin media a few times with no resolution, Ive just been fobbed off with nonsense answers telling me that an engineer is resolving the issue or that it's an issue with sky and there's nothing they can do.

Does anyone have the same issue? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
daveoc
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've just moved over from Sky and I did not realise that Virgin do not provide subtitles with Sky on-demand movies. From previous posts I've now looked at it seems this isn't an error, just simply that Virgin do not do it, so engineers visits are pointless. With Sky probably 99% of their on-demand movies had subtitles and, being hard of hearing, I would use them all the time. Just have to accept that I'm not going to get them with Virgin, though why not nobody seems able to get a straight answer.

0 Kudos
dkendall92
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's rubbish.

I don't understand how the are subtitles on sky movies with sky but not with virgin media. Theyre the same movies from sky cinema, this should be something that can be easily resolved.

Im seriously considering switching back to sky. 

0 Kudos