cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound with Sky cinema on-demand

Ian-64
Joining in

When we try to watching films from Sky cinema on-demand service the sound stops after a couple of seconds. Picture quality is fine.

All other "on-demand" streaming services work perfectly (Netflix, Amazon Prime, i-player etc).

Tried changing the HDMI cables. 

Is this a known issue, and how can I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned streaming services working ok, but how about other OnDemand programmes?

Apart from BBC content which uses the iPlayer app, all broadcasters use the same OnDemand technology - so if you have a VoD fault, it should affect all channels/programmes regardless of broadcaster.

If not - then are there any specific films/programmes that you're having issues with?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your response.
Everything works fine (Netflix, Amazon, iplayer, More 4 etc), except when trying to watch an on-demand film from Sky Cinema.
This has been going on for a white with varying degrees of problem.
I rebooted the box last night, and it seemed to work OK. Haven't tried today.

Hi there @Ian-64

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you on board! 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your Sky Cinema and thank you to @japitts for their advise! 

I have had a look on your account I can see the box is currently turned off, are you able to turn this on for me so I can run diagnostics? 

Thank you.