cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound in only one TV channel

RED48
Joining in

Since a few days ago, I no longer have any sound when I tune into Channel 4 (104).

However when I tune into Channel 4+1 (142), I get the sound. How do I resolve this problem. I have restarted the box and no change. All other channels appear to be workingh ok 

How can I check what is causing this problem?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There was a fire alarm at Red Bee Media's playout centre on Saturday night which wreaked havoc with several broadcasters. Channel 4's output continues to have issues now. Are you in London or not? I only ask because Ch104 is in SD or HD depending.

It's entirely possible that...

- You're watching in HD but just without an HD logo

- VM are only getting an SD feed but having to upscale it to HD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Japitts,

Yes I am in London and it is the HD channell. I can confirm that it is after the C4 output issues over the week end. I forgot to say that it is a V6 box.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @RED48,

Many thanks for your post and sorry to hear of the issues you're currently experiencing.

This is an ongoing fault that we have raised and is being resolved by the broadcaster that we are hoping is fixed as soon as possible.

Apologies for the disruption.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly_G,
Thanks for your update. The problem has not been resolved yet. Is there a target date to resolve this problem.
King Regards

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RED48 

It's still ongoing and affecting Sky, BT, Freesat, Freeview etc 

Fallout-from-red-bee-broadcast-centre-incident-latest-status/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RED48 wrote:
Hi Molly_G,
Thanks for your update. The problem has not been resolved yet. Is there a target date to resolve this problem.
King Regards

It's a very good question, and one that you can ask of Channel 4 - it's affecting their channels on all UK platforms, and isn't something VM can do anythiing about.

https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us would be a good place to query this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @RED48,

I'm just checking in to see if this issue appears to be ongoing for you today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach_R

Yes, it is ongoing. No change.

Thanks.

Hi RED48, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and letting us know things are still an issue. 

Looking at the ticket we had open, this has been closed as resolved. Is it only channel 4 you are having the no audio issues or are there other channels too?

Please try turning the box off and leaving off for a few minutes to see if this helps. 

Pop back and let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs