cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No red button channels on Sky Sports

KJ64
Tuning in

There are no Sky Sports red button channels available on Sky Sports Golf through either my V6 or TiVo boxes. Just a ‘no interactive channels message’ but currently Sky have at least 3 extra red button channels up.

30 REPLIES 30

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DnTmag 

Which event, and on which channel, do you think there should have been additional red-button streams?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DnTmag
On our wavelength

All Sky sport channel as advertised on the channels.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for telling me this @DnTmag.

Can you please confirm which sky channel you are trying to access? Can you also confirm whether it works on any other channel that aren't Sky channels? Then I can get this investigated for you.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

DnTmag
On our wavelength

Yes, ie BBC, ITV and all other channels that have a red button selection apart from sky sports channels.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For information only.

Looking at the upcoming Sky Sports programs on the Sky Sports Listings page  the only programs due to be shown on the red button in the next week are for the WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational  on the Sky Sports Golf  channel Thursday to Sunday inclusive.

After that the only red button sports are Championship fixtures on Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th August (screen shot below)

red button.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

DnTmag
On our wavelength

What I meant to point out was that all channels that give a red button option do work correctly but the sky sports channel that offer the red button selection do not, all I get is a blue coloured screen with sports people on and the information that there are no interactive channels available as previously reported.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DnTmag wrote:

What I meant to point out was that all channels that give a red button option do work correctly but the sky sports channel that offer the red button selection do not, all I get is a blue coloured screen with sports people on and the information that there are no interactive channels available as previously reported.

Ah-hah!

The blue-coloured screen you've described is Sky's holding page for when your red button service is technically working fine but there's no content being provided at that time.

If, during a sporting event where there should be additional red-button streams you're still getting this holding screen, that's a different issue. Unfortunately, until such time as this happens, there's not much can really be done to progress this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DnTmag
On our wavelength

When I’ve been watching golf on sky sports channel 515 and the commentators advise that golf from other competitions are available via the red button I press said button and all I get is the “holding screen” and nothing else. If this is a separate problem completely then what can be or is being done to resolve this problem?

Hi @DnTmag thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with the red button option.  I am going to forward the link to this thread to some colleagues, to see if we can shed some light on this.

Regards

Lee_R

DnTmag
On our wavelength

Thanks