cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No picture but sound

nessriggers
Joining in

Keep getting no picture but sound , the tv is working as fire stick is fine , but often with virgin I have sound but no picture at all not even menu comes up , to fix I have to turn off at wall and let it reset but it’s happening more and more any ideas 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like an HDMI handshake issue - have you proven both the HDMI cable and the port on your TV as OK?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah I put a new hdmi lead in about a week ago but it happened again tonight , I think it must be the Virgin box as it never happens with anything else like dvd player , fire stick 

Hello nessriggers

Sorry to hear of the set top box issues and problems regarding audio, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From checking the connection and equipment, one set top box is showing as unreachable, this may be due to it being turned off or another issue. Can you please check the set top box you're experiencing the issue is turned on so we can check again?

If it is the same we will need to send you a Private Message to get this looked into further as it may be a box issue. Do you get any error messages on that box? 

Rob

Both boxes are turned on but I’m having problems with both boxes 

the downstairs (original ) keeps having the no picture but sound happen 

the upstairs one all the sound on apps like Netflix and Amazon  is really strange 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply nessriggers. 

It looks like the equipment is still showing as having some problems so I have gone ahead and booked a visit for a technician to look in to this further. 

I have selected a slot for you but you can view this or reschedule the appointment via your online account here.

If you have any issues at all, please do pop back and let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thank you, 

Nat