cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more Walking Dead on my V6 box ????.

Classiccarman
Joining in

I haven't finished watching Series 10 of The Walking Dead so I thought I'd catch up with the 7 or so episodes recorded by my series link. Only to be informed that Fox TV is not available on Virgin TV and the recordings can no longer be viewed!! I am rather annoyed about this as having watched through almost 10 complete series. I also discovered that the final series 11 is only shown on Disney+ which is NOT available from Virgin.

The only way to see the final series is to subscribe to Disney+ at £5.99 a month on top of the £92 a month I already pay to Virgin. It makes you want to move over to Sky Q. They also have more UHD content as there is nothing I really want to watch on Channel 999 on my new 4k TV!

I would rather swap the Sky movie package I have for Disney+ as we hardly watch any of the Sky movies and watch more Netflix which has a lot of 4k content.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Availability of all streaming apps requires a commercial agreement with the app owner, and for an app to be built to run on the TiVo/V6 and/or the 360 platform.

Speculation is rife as to which of the two is the hold-up where VM is concerned - and only VM/Disney will know for sure.

If the price of your package has increased, that will likely be due to a promotional discount expiring, I'd suggest doing a review of the services you want and try renegotiating your bundle in exchange for a new 18month minimum term - assuming you're out of said minimum term now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’m not sure what your issue with Virgin Media is.

Fox, as a broadcast channel, closed for all, including Sky and BT customers, some time ago now.

The fact you have had access to recordings from this channel has been useful but was never going to be forever.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It's just annoying that one of my favorite TV shows included in my package has been lost even though the price of my monthly subscription has gone up. I know it is beyond Virgin's control for channels to cease broadcasting, but why can't they make Disney+ available in it's place? It IS available on Sky. I would like to see the final series 11 after watching this show over 10 series since 2010 so I will probably have to wait for a box set to become available.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Availability of all streaming apps requires a commercial agreement with the app owner, and for an app to be built to run on the TiVo/V6 and/or the 360 platform.

Speculation is rife as to which of the two is the hold-up where VM is concerned - and only VM/Disney will know for sure.

If the price of your package has increased, that will likely be due to a promotional discount expiring, I'd suggest doing a review of the services you want and try renegotiating your bundle in exchange for a new 18month minimum term - assuming you're out of said minimum term now.