cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No apps on V6 Box!

larry_81592
Tuning in

Apps no longer working on one V6 box but fine on the other - just get a black 'no signal' screen ?

Both boxes are direct cabled to the Superhub 3 router and show good network status and connection to the Virgin media service

Router admin page reports all services operating correctly

Internet enabled apps working on one box but not on other - even after powering it down and re-booting ?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi larry_81592,

Are you sure you are using the correct source (HDMI slot) on your TV as that would give you the black no signal screen.

If everything is working apart from the apps then it may be a network error.

Using your remote go to Home > Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > click on Connect to network now

Also have you tried using another Ethernet cable, to eliminate the possibility of a duff one?

You could also try setting up a wifi connection from the above screen (but be sure to remove the ethernet cable from the back of the V6)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Swap the boxes and see what happens.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks,

As I said, the network settings on the box and router are all good and if the cable was 'dodgy' the box would throw up a network access error.

It is the correct HDMI port and 4k TV is fine through the same cable

In the interest of being thorough, tried in turn :-

Different network cable

Different HDMI cable

Different HDMI ports on TV

Different video output modes on box

WiFi instead of Ethernet

Swapped boxes

Only the last action worked so the fault points to the problem box itself

Forcing another power cycle reset and subsequent configuration reload from the Virgin Media Service mysteriously cured the issue - go figure

Hi @larry_81592,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you had this issue with one of your TV boxes, but I'm glad to hear that you've now been able to address and resolve that.

If there's anything else that we can assist you with at all, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!