Menu
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: No V6 picture on TV startup

@REEFY it is possible its your HDCP chip is broken on your tv, this would mean that PS4s and DVD players work and a V6 wont. Im sure if you borrowed a portable TV it would work fine on that
0 Kudos
REEFY
Tuning in
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. 

Yes i am borrowing one at the moment which is a newer tv and i do get a picture however it doesnt explain why other users are also having the same issues within the past couple of months (some have samsung and sony tvs that were only manufactered last year) and also why the virgin engineers are aware of an 'issue' causing this.

Surely my PS4 and DVD player will also have some form of HDCP protection which rules out the chip on tv surely?

I have also tried a humax freeview recorder which also works perfectly fine in the port which again points the issue to the v6 box. 

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

go back to basics

The basic setting for the V6 is eco mode, which means that it will switch to stand by after a preset time, the minimum I believe is three hours.

Most TV's have a similar mode usually 2, 4, 6 etc hours.

What can happen is that your V6 box can go into standby mode even of you switch off your TV and will only come back to life when you take it out of standby mode, by using the remote or by switching back off and on.

If you have set up your V6 remote correctly you should be able to by pressing the TV button, or a few others, kick your V6 out of standby mode.

My V6 remote is set up correctly, so by holding down the standby button (until it goes from red to green) I take my TV out of stand by, I then press the TV button (which flashes red) I take my V6 out of stand by.

NB. the Guide and Info buttons will also take the V6 box out of standby.

I hope that this helps.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi REEFY,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I just wanted to check in and see how things have been lately? I see you have advised you have borrowed another TV and its working OK on this for you.

I can appreciate it's frustrating as there are other reports of this fault with other TV's.

This is why the issue is still under investigation as we are collating all the information from customers who are affected with this. What we would need to do is raise a ticket on the account the providing the details of the Make/Model of TV - the more information we are able to provide the better we can look into this.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
REEFY
Tuning in
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hello, i have tried all possible combinations and orders for getting this to work but its still the same unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
REEFY
Tuning in
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi there.
Yes currently borrowing a TV but this isnt the ideal situation.

I have tried my old TV again but its still the same.

The model is a :

Samsung LE40r73bdx

I hope this can be resolved soon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi REEFY,

Thank you for getting back to me with this information.

For me to be able to log a ticket for you I will need to confirm the account information to ensure I'm raising this on the correct account.

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

A HDMI splitter (not a switch) strips the HDCP and would allow your TV to work with the v6 

0 Kudos
REEFY
Tuning in
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks details sent

0 Kudos
REEFY
Tuning in
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator