Menu
dmart7
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No V6 picture on TV startup

Like many others, invariably there is no picture from my V6 box when the TV is turned on each day.  I have to turn off the V6 and turn it back on.  Has Virgin or anyone else found a fix for this problem, which affects many different TVs including the latest models?   

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: No V6 picture on TV startup

I found pulling the HDMI lead out is quicker than rebooting the v6 box
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi dmart7,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V6 box.

Have you tried using a different HDMI lead to see if that helps? What power settings do you currently have in your box?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dmart7
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding.  I am waiting for a fix to a problem that is well-known. And it came with the V6 box.  I watched the earlier debates on it and tried all the lead swapping and other workarounds etc. I have the box set at always on, but presumably it still goes to sleep sometime after the TV has been switched off.  I just thought that Virgin would have a proper fix by now.  Is it choosing to ignore the problem?

0 Kudos
REEFY
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Same issue, have posted in the following thead and messaged some of the forum leaders but no reply:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-sound-No-Picture/td-p/3520839/page/3

Also same issue with other users here and various other posts:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/No-Signal-on-TV/td-p/3723242

It seems its definitely an issue with a update to the V6 box. 
Engineer visit advised it was our HDMI port on the TV but it works fine with a PS4 and a DVD player.

Please Virgin sort this out 

In my case nothing has helped and I have had no TV service since Sunday.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi dmart7,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with the TV service.

Our engineers are aware of this issue (NKE00010163) and it is currently under investigation due to the complexity of this we do not have a review date for this.

The work around that we have is to reset the HDMI lead and if that does not help reboot the V6 box. If this still does not resolve the issue we would need to log a ticket on the account for you.

I'm sorry I cant be of more help on this matter.

Take acre,

Louise 

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi REEFY,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with the TV service.

Our engineers are aware of this issue (NKE00010163) and it is currently under investigation due to the complexity of this we do not have a review date for this.

The work around that we have is to reset the HDMI lead and if that does not help reboot the V6 box.

I just wanted to check in with you and see if the service is working since posting in? Or if you have called the team to get this checked over for you?

If not we would need to look at this further for you and log a ticket on the account for this.

Let us know how things have been.

Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
REEFY
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Louise.

When you say reset the HDMI lead what do you mean by this?

I have tried various things including:

- using 3 different HDMI leads including the one the engineer left to test
- resetting and restarting the box
- unplugging the leads
- turning the v6 box totally for over 4 hours and switching back on
- turning the tv on first and then the v6 and vice versa
- i have ruled out the HDMI port and Leads as other devices like a PS4 and DVD player working without any issues
- tried also using a HDMI splitter but this still doesnt work
- tried lowering the resolution in v6 settings

I would be grateful if you could log a ticket on my account as i need this fixed as soon as .

With regards to the service fault NKE00010163 can you give me some more information on this please?  I assume its a change or a software/firmware on the v6 box that has caused myself and many others this issue.

Just to let you know we did have an engineer who advised it was our tv which i highly doubt as other HDMI devices work absolutely fine.  No changes have been made to the TV and the box was working perfect up until sunday night when it went wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi REEFY,

Thanks for posting with all the things you have tried. 

One thing I have noticed is that you have not tried a different HDMI port in your TV for the V6 box itself? Correct me if that's not right of course.

Have you also tried a full factory reset of the V6 box?

The ticket relates to HDMI handshake issues that affect picture and sound. It is something that will be looked at and hopefully an update will come out of it that will resolve it.

Many thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
REEFY
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

My TV only has the 1 HDMI port but as stated i have tried other devices like a ps4 and dvd plater in the port and they work perfectly fine. 

The issue is definitely from the v6 box. Is there no timescale at this stage? Many other people also affected, this should really be a priority fault

0 Kudos