cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV since 29th April - help please

kimbop8672
Tuning in

Hi, I downgraded my package which came into effect on 29th April. The broadband works fine after I restarted the router that morning, but the TV has had error code 7400 since then.

Have obviously called customer services, the first time I was told an IT ticket had been raised which should fix it in 24 hours. When that didn't work I called again and was told an IT ticket had been raised and would be fixed within 5 days. Don't worry, they said, you won't pay for the time you were out of service. I asked for email confirmation of this and what had been done, "yes we will send you a confirmation"... Guess what, never received anything.

I'm now getting emails saying "we need to come and collect your TiVo box, please book a slot"... No idea why. All I've done is downgrade my package, the box worked fine before!

I don't want to phone again as I'm not convinced that they know what's going on. I've had issues in the past that I was only able to get resolved through this forum - so please could one of the team PM me asap so we can sort out what should have been a simple change?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From your description, your TiVo has been deactivated. 7400 is an activation error and "we need to collect your box" implies it's been cancelled. Not receiving email confirmation is not a surprise - this is often promised but I've never known it materialise.

Calling in should be the quickest way but I can understand your reluctance. You've already called twice and this hasn't been resolved, so I'll exercise some VIP-discretion and flag this post for the staff to pickup sooner than they otherwise would.

Edited to add that if this is genuinely an IT/back-office issue, then they may not be able to expedite that. But at least you should get a straight answer - I am presuming here, that you have other services with VM, such as broadband?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply, yes I have a 100mb Big Volt bundle at the moment.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kimbop8672, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Please allow me to send you a PM to look into this further, and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kimbop8672 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, yes I have a 100mb Big Volt bundle at the moment.

Of which the TV element is Mixit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks