cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV service for 7 days...but not eligible for compensation?

si90
Tuning in

Hi All,

Posting this after scratching my head...a lot, hah-hah!

My TV outage lasted from Fri 30th September a.m. until Thurs 6th October p.m. and it was caused by VM engineering work. Coincidentally, I was without BB for about 18 hours at the start of that period.

I asked VM if they would adjust my next bill to reflect the non-provision of a paid for service. The VM Resolutions Team e-mailed back to tell me that I was not eligible. Surely this is unreasonable?

I'd welcome any ideas in how to escalate this (assuming that I'm not being unfair) or indeed if anyone has the current e-mail of VM's head of customer relations?

Thanks.

Simon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

While there is no compensation, you certainly have a case for a refund of a portion of your TV payment.

After all you were paying for a service you could not use due directly to VMs network issues.

Staff should pick up on this thread in a day or so.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You get automatic compensation of £8.40 per day for total loss of broadband or landline after two full working days from registering the loss of service to VM. There is no compensation for loss of TV.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Evening Roger,

Really- guess that's that, then. No VAR? Bit harsh, hah-hah!

Thanks anyway for taking the time to reply- much appreciated,

Simon.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

While there is no compensation, you certainly have a case for a refund of a portion of your TV payment.

After all you were paying for a service you could not use due directly to VMs network issues.

Staff should pick up on this thread in a day or so.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Nogrogd,

That's more like it- I will wait until next week and see if there's any response from VM.

Thank you for that,

Simon.

Hi there @si90, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you have been having issues with your TV service and not been provided with compensation. As you have been advised already, we don't provide auto compensation for TV services.

I can see that you have been in touch with the team since posting this, were they able to help with the loss of service credit for the time without the TV service?

If you need any further help, please let us know. WE will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for looking into this- the complaint has been resolved...hope it won't happen again!

All the best,

Simon.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi si90 

Thank you for taking the time to let us know the issue has now been resolved, this is great to hear. 

Please do get in touch if we can assist with anything in the future and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat