cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV at all- the v6 box won't start

Jackiecollins
On our wavelength

I know there are national problems and the app service status says limited channels and catch up etc. I have nothing at all. The box is properly connected, I've rebooted multiple times but it just constantly loops between 'starting up' and the welcome screen. I've run a test from the spa snd the box is connected but nothing coking up. I'm v reluctant to ring up because the customer service is awful at the best of times. Has anyone else got nothing at all, like me? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

'I'm off to Sky tomorrow for my TV'

don't forget to give your 30 days notice. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Jackiecollins
On our wavelength

Apols for typos! Test run from app and nothing coming up. Now welcome and starting joined by intermittent white arrow and white band with 3 dots 

Hi Jackiecollins,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear you're still having issue with your Tv service. 

I have attempted to locate your account to look into this but have been unable too locate this. 

What I will do is investigate further is private message you. 

^Martin

Martin has now abandoned me. His only suggestion was a hard reset and lose everything. I'm not prepared to do that without evidence of something else being tried. It seemed like a fob off to me. I have many hours of recordings I don't want to lose. There has to be another way. The app service status says there's a problem in my area until tomorrow morning. I'll try it again then. I'm not in contract so I'll keep the broadband buy I'm off to Sky tomorrow for my TV. 

'I'm off to Sky tomorrow for my TV'

don't forget to give your 30 days notice. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Martin might well have finished his shift, this forum isn't intended as a real-time response service.

As has been pointed out, you're quite welcome to move your pay-TV provider if that's what suits you, but bear a couple of things in mind:

1: Disconnecting your TV may increase the cost of your other services, with the loss of bundle discounts.

2: Make sure you have Sky installed and working, before cancelling. If your VM box does end worst-case of needing replacement, that can be done in a couple of days.

I very much doubt a new Sky install will be as quick, especially this time of year.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the patronising response 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quite a few boxes weren't restarting during the outage and this may have caused your issues previously. In which case retrying now, should restore your service.

If not, then your box has a separate fault and calling in would normally be the quickest way to rectify this. If you've been in PM contact with one of the staff team you're welcome to continue that, but if the indidivual you've dealt with isn't on-shift today then you may need to wait for their return.

Edited to add: Try another restart using the mains rocker switch and see how you get on. There may be other ways to resolve this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Jackiecollins,

Apologies, Martin is not on shift this weekend. 

Are you still having issues with the box?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Arranged an engineer visit this morning. V6 box couldn't be fixed so he replaced it with a new one.