cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV - S101 error code

cle
Tuning in

No TV channels and S101 code on Tivo box. Tried all the usual fixes (checked cables, reset box, etc). No reports of issues in my area. Tried the Whatsapp support after waiting 12 hours to get connected to an "agent", I'm told "we don't have any availability to accept any more messages for faults at the current time".

Tried calling but can't get passed the automated messages to speak to someone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cle 

The error S101 is usually due to the white coaxial cabling not being connected correctly. I now you say that you've checked it, but make sure it is still connected firmly, to both your hub and set top box,  and free from any kinks.

Also double check your internet connection as this can sometimes cause that error. 

Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection. When was the last successful connection?

Click on  "Connect to Virgin Media service" and wait around 30minutes before rechecking, what does it say?

Have you called the automated 0800 5610061 service if there's any known faults in your area? This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level that don 't show up in the online status checker

Have you followed the instructions/walkthrough  using the online help https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-error-code/S101  to see if that solve your issues?

If you do need to call faults again then it should recognsie that you've already called and place you into the queue.

If that doesn't happen then when you hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, just ignore all the options and don't press any buttons, and  then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

S101 is a loss of signal error. If nothing's reported on the 0800 5610061 line, then it's fault reporting you need.

Staff on here tend to respond but it may take a couple of days.

If you call in, choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" and then just wait. Don't press anything else and you should join the queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cle 

The error S101 is usually due to the white coaxial cabling not being connected correctly. I now you say that you've checked it, but make sure it is still connected firmly, to both your hub and set top box,  and free from any kinks.

Also double check your internet connection as this can sometimes cause that error. 

Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection. When was the last successful connection?

Click on  "Connect to Virgin Media service" and wait around 30minutes before rechecking, what does it say?

Have you called the automated 0800 5610061 service if there's any known faults in your area? This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level that don 't show up in the online status checker

Have you followed the instructions/walkthrough  using the online help https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-error-code/S101  to see if that solve your issues?

If you do need to call faults again then it should recognsie that you've already called and place you into the queue.

If that doesn't happen then when you hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, just ignore all the options and don't press any buttons, and  then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks - all sorted now.

Thanks for the quick response  - all sorted now.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cle 

Great that you're fixed - but as this is a community forum where others may come here seeking help for the same problem.

To help them, what was the fix in your case?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks