Menu
Audio2019
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No Picture from V6 Box

I have a Samsung Q9 tv if I connect directly to this via HDMI picture & sound ok, if I try and connect via my Samsung NW-N950 soundbar I get no picture just sound, I have tried both HDMI inputs on the soundbar (blue ray player is fine) TV & Soundbar are connected Via HDMI(ARC)

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Picture from V6 Box

What happens if you connect to other TV HDMI inputs? If it still fails, connect the TV to the V6 by HDMI and the soundbar to the V6 by a TOSLINK optical cable.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Audio2019
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but if I connect that way I will not be able to get Dolby Atmos as Dolby Atmos is only transmitted via an HDMI cable

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

At least my suggestion will get you both audio and video until you find a solution.

Have you tried another set of high-speed HDMI cables?

--
0 Kudos
Audio2019
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes have tried different HDMI cables (I am using Audioquest pearl) I can get picture & audio by connecting it directly to the TV connection box the issue is when I connect through the soundbar as this is the only way that Dolby Atmos is recognised as the TV cannot decode and send to the soundbar, the Dolby Atmos signal needs to be sent to the soundbar directly.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I suggest you ask Samsung what the problem may be. It has been known for some of their equipment not to work well with the V6.

--
0 Kudos
StuLux23
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have had similar problems with new Samsung Q9FN TV and Samsung HW-N850 Soundbar.  I have found the best solution (so far) is to connect the Tivo directly to the TV and I have both HDMI ARC and Optical cables going to the soundbar.  My understanding is that you will not get Dolby Atmos from the Tivo V6 box, at best you will get Dolby 5.1.  

To date the only way I have achieved a Dolby Atmos output to the soundbar is via Amazon Fire TV stick plugged directly in to the soundbar.  My understanding is that whatever you are watching needs to be through a device that actually supports Dolby Atmos and I don't believe the Tivo V6 box currently does this.  Would love to be corrected but, unless anybody is aware of any material that has Dolby Atmos and is being broadcast via Virgin Media and can be watched through Tivo box I have no way of knowing for sure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Dolby Atmos is available on BT Sport 4K UHD. You cannot get DA from your kit as DA is not supported by HDMI ARC or optical cable.

--
0 Kudos
Audio2019
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You need to get your facts correct Dolby Atmos is supported by hdmi & arc, I currently get it through my Samsung NW-950 soundbar from my Samsung HD blue ray player. 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Who said anything about a Blue-ray player? We are talking about sending audio from the V6 to the soundbar via the TV which will never work. Why? Because HDMI ARC's maximum bandwidth is capped at 1Mbps for low bitrate Dolby Digital Plus which is insufficient to handle higher resolution Dolby Atmos.

--
0 Kudos