cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No On Demand or Catch Up

Dot8
Joining in

Since our new service was installed we have not had on demand or catch up on either of our boxes. We get an error message V273

Call centres send out  engineers who say there is no fault in the equipment and that it is an account issue

Any help would be appreciated

regards

Dot8

21 REPLIES 21

Hi japitts

Have tried connecting on both boxes and get a success message.

Just the V273 error message when selecting on demand or catch up

One box has already been exchanged by an engineer who said he could not find a fault 

regards

Dot8

Hi Dot8
Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to see you are still facing the same issue, I have had another look our end using the information we have for you, I can see there was an issue effecting TV around 05/02/22 which has been cleared and may not have been the cause, I can also see the WIFI on one of the boxes is very low, please try running our Connect App try running it in the rooms the boxes are in, this will diagnose and help fix any WIFI issues, once done please try as advised by japitts again.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

Thought I would leave it a few days to see if the issue got resolved

I could understand if it was a wifi issue but box number 1 is connected by ethernet cable.

Have spoken with a call centre on Thursday who said they have escalated the problem to another team but nothing has yet changed

kind regards

Dot8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's still some unanswered questions here, for me. Notably - have you swapped the 2 boxes around? So currently box A is wireless connected, box B is Ethernet. Swap them so box A is Ethernet, box B is WiFi.

Have you done this, and what was the result?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Have swapped boxes around but has made no difference. Have now swapped them back. Also  box A was replaced by the last engineer who came out. He checked both boxes and said it was not an equipment issue

regards

Dot8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dot8 wrote:

Have swapped boxes around but has made no difference

Can you clarify please? Currently you're saying both boxes are failing, presumably (but you've not said), both boxes failed to connect in the opposing locations?

Did the two boxes report similar wireless signal strength when in the non-Ethernet location?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

What happens when you test a V6 connection, should look like this.

20220212_164248_20.jpg

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi 

Similar signal strength

Yes both boxes fail to connect to on demand or catchup whether they are connected by ethernet or wifi

All other apps work ok

regards

Dot8

Hi

Sorry should have said connections say successful

Also  boxes are connecting to service approx every six hours and are successful each time

regards

Dot8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IMHO this may be an account-issue, both boxes seem to have no problem with the internet connection as best it seems.

Can you use other internet-based functions? YouTube and/or iPlayer would be excellent tests.