cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Connection

Shimba
Tuning in

For the last couple of weeks my box in the second room has come up with message No Internet Connection. This has meant no recordings on this box and no channel menu.

I have read suggestions and rebooted the whole system and also checked cable connections but to no avail.

Anyone any suggestions of what to do next?

19 REPLIES 19

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post a photo of when you see this "no internet connection" error? I ask because...

1: Recordings and broadcast TV doesn't use the internet

2: In all the years I've used TiVo-software (and been responding to posts on this forum) I've never known a box give this error

So there's something odd going on here, and I'd like to see it.

Can you also explain your comment about not getting recordings? There may be reasons for this, but an internet connection certainly isn't it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry but I'm not sure how to put a photo into this reply. However, the message does say No Internet Connection and quotes error code C230. Does this help?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Shimba 

Are you connected by ethernet or wifi?

Go to  Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the status is reported (along with the WiFi strength if appropriate) in the top-right.

What do you see?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you genuinely do have a TiVo, it doesn't have WiFi... can you check here and confirm you have a TiVo and not a V6?

When you're composing a forum reply, click the photo icon above the message screen, and then wait for the image to be manually approved.

As for the C230 error - if you can confirm your box type, further advice can follow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It says Link Status Disconnected and Service Status as Not Connected.

Does this help?

Sorry if I sound a bit thick but how can I tell if it is a tivo box or v6?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? Please check the links in my previous posts-5 before we advise any further - the 2 boxes connect differently so it makes a difference. I've reposted the link here if you're not sure 

It looks like a V6 box by the picture

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good job we checked that. This will only be affecting any internet-based functions such as OnDemand, if you're having issues with recordings that will have another cause.

The V6 does rely on a connection to your home-hub for the internet, so as per newapollo's question which I'll include again...

1: How is your V6 connected to your home-hub, is it Ethernet cabled or wireless?

2: If it's wireless, what is the signal strength reported as in the network connections screen?

Do you get an option to '"connect to VM services now" at the bottom of the screen - does selecting this make any difference to the symptoms?