cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HDMI signal

EMMA331
Tuning in

Tv box was switched off at the mains for 3 days now there's no hdmi signal. Other devices are working fine using the same hdmi output, so I doubt it's the TV or cable as I've tried that with different devices also. Is there a certain setting through the TV I haven't activated? The hdmi cable was originally in the back of the router, ive tried both the router and the TV box, still nothing. Any help greatly appreciated 🙏 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi EMMA331,

Have you tried rebooting the V6?

Double check that your V6 hasn’t been put into Standby mode by pressing the HOME button on the V6 remote

You should have an ethernet cable going from the yellow ethernet port on the back of the V6 to your router.

Then the HDMI cable in the socket 4th from left on the back of the V6 into your TV HDMI port.

Use one of the known working HDMI cables, from the slot it's already in to connect your V6 to the TV.

Then select that output (source) on your TV remote - if nothing shows reboot the V6.

reverse of V6reverse of V6

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you selected the appropriate HDMI input on your TV, for whichever port your V6 is connected to?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

EMMA331
Tuning in

Yes, the TV is on the wall. Only 1 hdmi input can be reached, either way the cable was never out of the TV, no hdmi selection is highlighted as an option to select (no signal to any hdmi option) 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned having an HDMI lead in the back of your router, which doesn't sound at all right.

What do you mean by "only one HDMI input can be reached"? I'd guess this is a physical issue by the sounds.

Do you have an HDMI lead running from your TV box to your TV? And do you know which HDMI port on your TV it's connected to?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

EMMA331
Tuning in

Yes so the TV is on the wall, hdmi 3 is the only reachable connector, but again none of the hdmi selections are showing any signal so even if I'm mistaken hdmi 1 & 2 still have no signal. The router and TV box weren't touched from the engineer installed it 2 weeks ago. Everything was turned off at the mains. When I was trying to figure out what the issue could be I noticed the hdmi going to the router with a connector on the end, thinking it didn't seem right myself I changed it to the TV box, still no signal from either 

Hey EMMA331,

It's possible your TV no longer recognises HDMI Port 3 as active.

By 'reachable' do you mean physically, or due to the length of the HDMI cable?

Given your HDMI cable is in 3 it makes sense that you will have 2 others: 1 & 2, they are normally set side by side and you might need to put the cable into one of the others and the TV should identify a new incoming signal.

Given your TV is on the wall it's going to be a fiddly task, but If you can see the cable going into HDMI 3 then with luck you'll see the other two once you remove the cable. Be aware though, some manufacturers split the ports, HDMI & USB so some could be on the other side of the TV.

Usually, once a new incoming signal has been identified, all should be well, but it's a case of try and see, unfortunately.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

EMMA331
Tuning in

The other 2 are behind the TV... but thank you will definitely give this a go tomorrow. Hopefully this solves my problem, thanks again!

If 1 & 2 are on the back of the TV, you can buy a 90° adaptor off Amazon for around £5 ...

90° HDMI Adaptor 

That might help your options. 

Hope this helps 😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi on your TV remote you have to select the right HDMI input in your case HDMI 3 it's a box with an arrow into it. Regards Micky

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Do you have another device that connects via HDMI that you could try on HDMI to see if it works (also try another HDMI cable)?