cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Disney+

Bdeed
Tuning in

Hello I have Virgin Media with a TiVo box. I use apps to sign into Netflix and Prime but no such app appears to exist to log in to Disney+

The website seems to suggest it should be possible, and 'easy', but the instructions make no sense.

I spoke to 'technical support' who after putting my on hold for 5 mins told me to switch the hub off and on and wait an hour. I'd tried tried the previous day but assuming she'd actually changed something I did it again to no effect. I'm hoping for something more useful from this community!

I suspect the answer is 'it's not possible' but would appreciate it if anyone has insight.

The internet is fine, Prime and Netflix work fine as do the other apps and there are no local TV issues. The problem is the app is simple not there. My subscription is direct with Disney so I just need to log in as with my other services. I don't have an Android/ smart TV hence the box.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Disney+ is only available on the Horizon Platform boxes (V360 & Stream). It's not available on the TiVO Platform. You would need to migrate to V360 to use the app.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Disney+ is only available on the Horizon Platform boxes (V360 & Stream). It's not available on the TiVO Platform. You would need to migrate to V360 to use the app.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bdeed wrote:

Hello I have Virgin Media with a TiVo box. I use apps to sign into Netflix and Prime

I'd also point out that the TiVo doesn't have Prime, only the V6 does - which runs TiVo firmware.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

V6 & TV360 use the same hardware but substantially different software. Much like Android vs Apple.

Apps on VM TV boxes are all preinstalled by VM, it doesn't work like a smartphone app store.

Thanks for the follow up @japitts so I must have a V6? (box says TiVo on the front). In which case my next question has to be how do I get the app installed or is it just not possible if it wasn't shipped with it?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's pictures of the boxes in the link I posted above. Legacy TiVo & newer V6 both run TiVo software, while V6 & TV360 share the same hardware.

Apps on all VM's boxes are pre-installed by Virgin. They don't work like smartphones having an app store - they need to be written specially for the TiVo/Horizon platform, and VM need to agree commercial terms with the app owners.

V6 & TV360 are very different with pros & cons, but Disney+ is only TV360 so is a factor to consider.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

No new apps are being developed for the V6, so you either migrate to the 360 or do as I did which was to buy a Fire TV Stick 4K Max which has all the apps you are likely to need including Disney+, Paramount+, Discovery+, Apple TV+, etc.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks again. Definitely the V6.