cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New v6 box won't link up with account

Junkysheep
Joining in

I have not had television for over a week as my v6 box has died (customer service guy thinks mother board went) so after numerous issues with yodel (🤯🤦‍♀️🤬) the new box finally arrives. My children and I are delighted after lockdown and no telly... But the thing will not retrieve my account details. I have error message cs1012

Virgin have run tests but nothing and told me to wait 4 hours. I cannot see them doing anything else. Any help would be really appreciated. Desperate mum who needs working telly lol 

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have been sent a TV 360, instead of a V6. They look the same.

Unfortunately, the box won’t work as your account thinks you have a V6.

You will need to get Virgin Media to either send you a V6 or change your account to reflect you have a TV 360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ernie_C wrote:

You will need to get Virgin Media to either send you a V6 or change your account to reflect you have a TV 360.

And if you go the 360 route, be aware it's a completely different software platform to TiVo/V6 and you can't easily change back if you decide to.

In time, more TiVo/V6 users will get the Horizon system but for now it's different. Not necessarily better or worse, but please don't just ask for 360 without being aware of what it entails.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. I did have a tivo v6 box and it died so they have sent another box.