cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tv, rubbish quality

matty626
Tuning in

Hello,

So i just recently got a new 4k TV and i have a virging V6 box, however the picture quality on the 4k tv is kinda rubbish and not really HDMI. I was just wondering whether theres an adjustment period, or whether theres a specific setting on virgin box I need to adjust since i switched tvs? Or is just the case of the right HDMI cable? 

The other thing ill add as well, is that the tv was HDMI, no problem on last tv

26 REPLIES 26

@matty626 wrote:

ill give the selecting options a try, trying to avoid messing with the TV at the minute. Hopefully that will sort it out. 

If i were to get a better HDMI cable. would auto detect be better then? 

@matty626 wrote:

ill give the selecting options a try, trying to avoid messing with the TV at the minute. Hopefully that will sort it out. 

If i were to get a better HDMI cable. would auto detect be better then? 

Its essential you have the right HDMI cable follow the advice you have already been given.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @matty626,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

Sorry to hear of these problems you're facing, and apologies for our delayed response. Do you still need our help with resolving this?

If so, have you followed the advice provided by the other community members in this thread so far?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes, I did try and replace my old hdmi cable with a 4k HDMI cable. Still not resolved it, picture seems to be still lacking on non HD channels for HDMI quality. 

Just a quick question, does the coaxial cable need to be updated if its an old one?? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@matty626 wrote:

Yes, I did try and replace my old hdmi cable with a 4k HDMI cable. Still not resolved it, picture seems to be still lacking on non HD channels for HDMI quality. 

Are there any specific channels you're having issues with? SD channels in general, aren't going to look brilliant on a 4K/UHD TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

matty626
Tuning in

Just a quick query because im having HDMI output issues as well (well virgin is sorting it), but is the picture pixelated? 

Do you have your video output settings as per message #5? That's the first thing to do.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Sorry to hear this matty626

Can you please explain in a bit more details what's happening 

Gareth_L

where would i find this?

So our old tv was caving in, so the switched tv to a 4k TV and basically SD channels are blurry and not really watchable in my opinion, even when recording them, there not watchable. 

Tried contacting TV people and there saying thats what tv's are now as technology is moving forward. I tried switching HDMI as it might have been that issue, hasnt really done much. I did contact virgin and there putting a vocoder in? now not sure what that will do in the end.

Just wait and see. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@matty626 wrote:

So our old tv was caving in, so the switched tv to a 4k TV and basically SD channels are blurry and not really watchable in my opinion, even when recording them, there not watchable. 

SD channels upscaled to HD and then upscaled again to UHD, are never going to look great!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks