cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tv remote

viaductbaggies
On our wavelength

My dads remote is playing up ( it’s not the batteries) how do you go about getting him a new one 

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @viaductbaggies 

Your dad should be able to order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

If the links aren't working either clear the cache and cookies or try a different browser

He can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am, or afternoon teatime to avoid call queues

For now he could download the TV Control app and use that until he receives a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @viaductbaggies 👋, thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the problems your father has been having with his remote 😔

I would say @newapollo has perfectly summarised the options available to you and I hope that helps 😀 

If, however, you're having any issues when following that advice, please pop back to us and we can explore other options.

Regards,

Daniel

All sounds very easy if you could actually sign in to my virgin media 

Hi viaductbaggies,

Hope you were able to arrange a new Remote for your Father, if not I will be happy to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, if you still need help please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for the pm but for some reason I can only see the first 2 lines of your post as there seems to be another page over the top of your message that I can’t remove 

Hi viaductbaggies.

Oh I see, would you be able to send a screenshot to us of what you see exactly? Just remember to blur out any part of the message that may include your account information.

Alternatively, I would try opening the Community Forums page in a different browser or on a different device. If you're on a mobile, it may just be that things have become a bit squashed.

Thanks

Beth

42913BEA-FDA6-434B-B395-974D139AF1F3.png

And on trying to log in I fill out this form but once filled out the page sends but just reappears again straight away 

CEA03FA8-E78A-4A79-A410-8F8E80D866BA.png

Tried logging in on my dads iPad today and it was exactly the same 🤬