cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mesh system and TiVo box not allowing demand or catch-up

MazaW10
Tuning in

Hi just joined this community as I am struggling to sort my demand and catch-up. 

I recently changed my virgin WiFi hub so to allow a new mesh system in the house/garden and the WiFi and TV is working great. But I am not getting demand.

My virgin hub has a red stable line and wondering if this is the issue? I followed the guides to use mesh system as the main modem and allowed this on my account.

I have also went to settings on my TV but not sure if this would solve it.

Any help would be appreciated 😃 

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MazaW10 

I've moved your post to the TiVo board, however before going any further... can you check whether you do actually have a TiVo? Or a V6? Check here if you're not sure.

The TiVo has an inbuilt modem and doesn't have WiFi, so if that's what you have - your issue is something else.

The V6 does indeed use your home broadband to go online. If you've changed your WiFi SSID, then you'll need to connect your V6 to the new network for it to have a connection to the 'net. You can do this by following on your V6 menus... Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and following the prompts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect a V6, previously and still connected to an Ethernet port on the Virgin Media Hub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good point Ernie, well presented. Very often a new router on here means a new WiFi SSID, but...

@MazaW10  - If you have a V6, then the TV box needs connecting to whatever router to have. I assumed wireless as that's a common issue on here, but if you're using Ethernet and your SH is now in modem mode, then you need to have the cable connected to your router and not the hub anymore.

Hi Thank you

It is saying the Ethernet port is not connected. I took the Ethernet out and tried outting in my to link and it worked by WiFi stopped. 
thanks

Hi Thank you

It is saying the Ethernet port is not connected. I took the Ethernet out and tried outting in my to link and it worked by WiFi stopped. Yes it is a V6. 
thanks

Hi

when I go network it is saying error N27. 

Hi Thank you, I have just changed it over and it is now working. I tried this before but our internet stopped working. 

thank you so much to everyone 👏👏👏

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

An Ethernet connection into a V6 will always take preference to a wireless connection, by design and rightly so. But the V6 needs to be connected to your router and not the hub, if you're in modem mode.

I think you're saying it's now connected? If not - post back with what the network connections screen is reporting.

So useful, I had same problem now fixed. Thank you so much 😊 thanks 😊