cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New equipment

deebee100
Joining in

Hi, would it be possible to have a upgrade of equipment ie..router and v6 box, I keep getting error code 133 and 130 which is a network cable but the network cable is brand new so its got to be the old equipment it is roughly 5/6 years old. If its not possible to renew the equipment I think I might look elsewhere for broadband , any help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What equipment is it that you're having problems with?

Do you mean that you're getting an error code C130 & C133 on your TV-V6 box? We can move this post to the TV section and offer some help, if so.

Or do you have problems with your home broadband? That would certainly affect your V6, but is a broadband problem not a TV one in that case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What equipment is it that you're having problems with?

Do you mean that you're getting an error code C130 & C133 on your TV-V6 box? We can move this post to the TV section and offer some help, if so.

Or do you have problems with your home broadband? That would certainly affect your V6, but is a broadband problem not a TV one in that case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

deebee100
Joining in

I have a c130 and c133 error code on v6 box and on the router the green light is flashing . I have replaced the network cable and was wondering if it was the equipment as its rather old? Any help please.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Rather than starting a new post, it's better to use the "reply" option in your existing thread to keep all the messages in the same place. I've pressed a few magic buttons and done it for you here - also moved this to the TV section of the forum.

C130 & 133 usually mean loss of connection to the TiVo-platform which can often be an internet issue. Do other devices connected to your homehub have internet access? Laptops. tablets, phones etc?

If they do, then on your V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what's shown in the top-right - is an IP address listed? If not, how is your V6 connected to your homehub - is it ethernet cable or wireless?

If it is, choose "Connect to Virgin Media services now" at the bottom.

deebee100
Joining in

How do I book an engineer to look at my v6 box and router, it is not connecting to router I have changed all cables to new but still nothing needs someone to look at it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can report service faults by calling 150 (from a VM phone), 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) or waiting around here for VM staff to pickup.

Alternatively, by answering some of the questions & trying some of the suggestions in this post so far, you might well be able to solve this yourself - quicker than it'll take for a tech appointment to be booked.

A good place to start will be my post above, that you've replied to...

C130 & 133 usually mean loss of connection to the TiVo-platform which can often be an internet issue. Do other devices connected to your homehub have internet access? Laptops. tablets, phones etc?

If they do, then on your V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what's shown in the top-right - is an IP address listed? If not, how is your V6 connected to your homehub - is it ethernet cable or wireless?

If it is, choose "Connect to Virgin Media services now" at the bottom.

Good Morning @deebee100, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you

Can you please take some time to read through the post by @japitts and answer the questions set?

This will give us a better idea of what the fault is, and may also fix the fault without an engineer visit - which may also ensure this is fixed in a more timely manner

Kindest regards,

David_Bn