cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New box required

KevinHay
Joining in

My TiVo box is no longer responding. I've rebooted it manually several times but always gets stuck on Startup screen. It's been like it for a few days and would like a new box sent out.

We have a V6 in the house already...is there a possibility of more than 1 V6 in each house?

If any admins around to pass this on to support that would be great.

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi KevinHay, thanks for getting in touch - apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'm sorry to hear you've had this problem with your TiVo box as well. We can arrange a tech-visit and the box will be replaced as necessary. However as advised above a fault-related box-swap would be like for like.

If you would prefer to upgrade the box to a V6 then re-contracting may be required - you will need to discuss this with the relevant teams on 150/ 0345 454 1111 or via text on 0753 301 6422 as upgrades/package-changes are not something we can help with from here. 

If you'd like to go ahead with the tech-visit please get back to me via PM and I'll be able to get that arranged, otherwise please keep us posted with how you get on.

Tom 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The quickest way to report box faults such as this, is to call in. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Forum staff respond on here, but it may take an extra day or so.

VM support upto 3 x V6 plus 1 x TiVo in a single home, so what you're asking is perfectly possible, but under the faults swapout you can only expect to get a like-for-like swap for a TiVo. There's certainly no harm asking as part of the faults process, and taking the "don't ask, don't get" approach!

If not, then you can consider taking the account re-grade approach, and ask for a box-swap as part of taking a new package and bundle deal on a new 18month contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi KevinHay, thanks for getting in touch - apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'm sorry to hear you've had this problem with your TiVo box as well. We can arrange a tech-visit and the box will be replaced as necessary. However as advised above a fault-related box-swap would be like for like.

If you would prefer to upgrade the box to a V6 then re-contracting may be required - you will need to discuss this with the relevant teams on 150/ 0345 454 1111 or via text on 0753 301 6422 as upgrades/package-changes are not something we can help with from here. 

If you'd like to go ahead with the tech-visit please get back to me via PM and I'll be able to get that arranged, otherwise please keep us posted with how you get on.

Tom 

Thank you for the reply.

We have since contacted support via 150 and a replacement box has been posted. 

We weren't sure if multiple V6 boxes were possible in the same household but the room it'll be used in wouldn't benefit from the upgrade. 

Thanks for coming back to us @KevinHay.

I'm glad that the team have been able to send out a replacement box for you, have you been given the tracking information yet from Yodel?

Regards,

Steven_L