Menu
jeanette4440
Joining in
Message 11 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 box issues with Sony Bravia

No. Still have to unplug the HDMI plug or we can switch the box on and off about three times before the picture stays on. 

0 Kudos
kirk1690
Dialled in
Message 12 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I have a sony bravia 2 years old no problems ,first of all do you have your normal aeriel connected to your tv as well, some tvs need to go through freeview setup to register. If  thats ok then try the tv settings av settings and change inputs from auto to always on. check bravia sync is enabled . 

0 Kudos
Shep67
Tuning in
Message 13 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I have a 5yr old Sony Bravia and I’m regularly losing the picture from my V6 box. I have to swap hdmi ports on the tv to get a picture, not an ideal solution but quicker than turning everything off. When are Virgin going to fix this as the TiVo box never had this problem.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 14 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have always had Sony Bravias connected to virgins equipment and never had any problems, maybe settings on the TV'S or boxes in question are the problem.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
kirk1690
Dialled in
Message 15 of 48
Flag for a moderator

think you should be posting on the Sony complaints page then not Virgin's,with respect.or go back to old tivo .

0 Kudos
Shep67
Tuning in
Message 16 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I’m not sure how the problem can be Sony’s, they couldn’t really have made the TV compatible with the V6 box when the TV was produced 5years ago, long before the box was even thought of. Surely it’s Virgins problem. Strange how I’ve never had a problem with my previous boxes on this TV.

0 Kudos
Killoran
Joining in
Message 17 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Well this is unexpected! 11 months  after I created this query things seem to have suddenly righted themselves and the problem is fixed. A software update I assume but unsure if it was VM or Sony but regardless am happy! 

0 Kudos
davorg
Dialled in
Message 18 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Yes. I realised about a week ago that I couldn't remember the last time I had to turn the V6 off and on again in order to watch TV.

Thanks to whoever it was at VM or Tivo that fixed it.

Dave...
@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hey guys, 

I'm glad this issue is now resolved for you both! 

Let us know if you have any more problems with the service. 

Many thanks, 

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
iadom
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 48
Flag for a moderator

When I had my old TiVo changed for a V6 box a couple of months ago the install tech did warn me of possible problems with my Sony Bravia tv. Sure enough I get an on screen warning of ‘unsupported signal’. Sometimes with audio but no video, sometimes nothing at all.

So far I have always been able to resolve the problem by simply turning the tv on and off a couple of times. 

Still a PITA but better than rebooting the box or unplugging cables. Good quality hdmi cables and tv software up to date.

One would have thought that someone could have come up with a fix for this by now.

Jim.

0 Kudos