Menu
Killoran
Joining in
Message 1 of 48
Flag for a moderator

New V6 box issues with Sony Bravia

Hi. We had a new V6 box installed on Thurs with a five year old Sony Bravia tv through HMDI1 output. All is ok until we power down the TV ...when we turn TV back on there is no connection to V6, pressing Home on remote brings back sound but no picture. Only way to recover is to put V6 in standby mode then turn it back on. Have looked at all the usual settings on video format (on auto detect), power mode (always on).     Wondering if this is a compatibility issue as older to. Any ideas? Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 box issues with Sony Bravia

Hi Killoran

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing at the moment. 

It certainly sounds like a strange one, do you have another HDMI cable to be able to test? In case it's an issue with the one you've got at the moment. If not, is the cable one you used on a previous device? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Killoran
Joining in
Message 3 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Thanks for your response. We had the engineer out today who tried new HDMI cable, different HDMI port and new V6 box and still got same problem. He thinks it is a compatibility issue with our six year old TV...couldn't find any other similar incidents and we have agreed to "live with it".

Jo

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jo

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry it wasn't the outcome that we'd initially wanted but it sounds as if some extensive testing has been carried out.

We'll be here should there be anything else you need assistance with moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
5127deb
Just joined
Message 5 of 48
Flag for a moderator

My new V6 box is also not compatible with my Sony Bravia.
I had pixel issues with my old tivo box so they installed the V6. All good until I turn TV or V6 off! When turning on again via remote I have the guide etc and sound but no picture. I called and complained so they sent me another technician out and changed the HDMI. Still not working properly.... then he changed the V6 box so I lost the programs I'd recorded that week.
It still didn't work together unless I reboot the V6 and turn the TV on at the same time!!! I was told by technician that an update would be available within 3 weeks so could I persevere? I agreed I could for 3 weeks bit no longer as I kept missing things like the end of programmes! Still no update 3 weeks on and I have lots of partially recorded programs now as you can't tell with the V6 as no lights on the front whether you are recording a program or not!!
Really angry as I've wasted time waiting in all morning for 2 technicians, wasted time programming it to record all the shows I like. Lost loads of programmes I've already recorded having had 3 boxes and now I've been told there is no update coming! I've got to go back to the old version tivo box so I'll lose all of these programs I've recorded again!!! Really really angry cos why was it installed in the first place if you know there are compatability issues? And why even bring out a new box if it's not compatible with people's televisions in the first place! Not happy I've been told conflicticting things either. Wondering why I even stick with virgin at all!
0 Kudos
Sherwin1983
Joining in
Message 6 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I get the Same Issue with My Sony Bravia - I have logged on the Forum To but no support from Virgin Media Forum Team.....

0 Kudos
davorg
Dialled in
Message 7 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the same problem with my new Hisense TV.

Whenever I get up in the morning and turn the TV on, I always have to turn the V6 off and on again before the TV registers the signal.

Dave...
@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
0 Kudos
jeanette4440
Joining in
Message 8 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I’m also having the same problem but need to unplug the HDMI cable and plug in again to get a picture, otherwise l get only sound.

A technician came round, couldn’t fix it and said it was a connectivity issue.

I got on to Virgin who said there was nothing that could be done other than to offer me an older box instead. I can’t leave despite them offering a service that doesn’t work properly and that they can’t fix. I don’t want to take an older box either. Why should I be punished because Virgin didn’t warn me that their box doesn’t connect with certain makes of TV?! 

After 11 years of loyal custom, I feel totally let down by them and more than a little angry that I don’t have the option to leave a service that doesn’t work without facing bills for leaving a contract early. My mum couldn’t watch any TV at mine the other day because she couldn’t get down to reach the cables to unplug them. So frustrating! 

0 Kudos
steveb67
Joining in
Message 9 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jeanette, I'm having the same problems and feeling very frustrated with Virgin. Did you sort out your compatibility problem?
Regards.
Steve.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Why does nobody seem frustrated with Sony as it's obviously not sending the correct handshake signal

0 Kudos