Menu
Bluemonkey2330
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New V6 box error code 7400

Just set up my new V6 box received today and it gave me error code 7400. There’s also no access to HD channels? Quick help would be great as trying to watch the 6 nations rugby match now Smiley Happy)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 box error code 7400

Error 7400 means the box is not active on the cable network.

Did you make the activation call?

If not, do it now.

If you did, do it again or call as suggested in the error message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I did a self install of a V6 yesterday and encountered that 7400 code during the process. However it cleared after the final restart following several firmware updates.

Moderator (Retired) Huw_B
Moderator (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bluemonkey2330, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you experienced issues setting up your V6. I hope all is working for you now, and that you were able to watch some of the Rugby over the weekend. 

I've run some testing from here to see if I can detect any issues, and I'm unable to communicate with the V6, this could be that it's powered off, or that there is an issue. 

Should you still be experiencing this issue, could you please power off the V6 for about 30 seconds, then power it back on, allowing up to 30 minutes for it to fully load, should you still be experiencing a fault at that point, could you please let me know - and leave the box powered on so that I can run any testing. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos