cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New V6 Box existing customer

Erazered2012
Joining in

Hi

ive been with Virgin media for many years and not once have I ever been offered an upgrade to my existing V6 box. I’ve still got the old type and would like to get the newer version as I’m upgrading my TV to 4K. Can anyone advise how I go about getting the newer equipment. I think it’s awful that existing customers have to use old stuff when new ones get the better tech when they join.

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Erazered2012 wrote:

Hi

ive been with Virgin media for many years and not once have I ever been offered an upgrade to my existing V6 box. I’ve still got the old type and would like to get the newer version as I’m upgrading my TV to 4K. Can anyone advise how I go about getting the newer equipment. I think it’s awful that existing customers have to use old stuff when new ones get the better tech when they join.

What do you mean by “old type”?

There are two TiVO boxes.

The 500Gb standalone STB

Older TiVOOlder TiVO
& the V6 box that also requires Virgin Broadband:

TiVO V6 box & RemoteTiVO V6 box & Remote

The older box is in the process of being phased out & as they break down they are replaced with V6 boxes (providing you take VM Broadband services). You have obviously never re contracted, as a new contract usually comes with updated equipment. This also means you could be paying out more than you need to.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Which box do you have,

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box

The 360 and V6 both support 4K.

roy247
Community elder

Hi,

If you do have a V6 and want to change to 360 then there are big differences between the software that both boxes use, some of the V6 features are TiVo patented and are not available on the 360. It might be worth while searching on the 360 board for features that you use or like and see if they are available.