Menu
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 11 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo Cuts recodings short

A missing block and a split recording is usually cause by something rebooting TiVo - even a power failure, somebody manually rebooting it - or a fault in the box.

@sku11meister wrote:
i know one of the films was on channel 5, and it was split in two, but there was no news or anything unusual. the whole film was 2hrs and 10 mins but the tivo stopped recording on the hour so there was 10 mins missing.

the other one was a bbc1 program, which as far as i know was on time.

its got to the stage where we really dont trust this tivo to properly record anything which basically means im wasting my money paying for this service which quite clearly isnt fit for purpose.

what makes it worse is ive been to a friends over chrstmas and he had sky q. no offence but that smashes this tivo out of the water! regretting going for the tv service now!

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi sku11meister, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your recordings. Hopefully the replies on here have helped resolve the issue, if not please pop back. 

Cheers, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
sku11meister
Superfast
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply, just been mental busy!

Our tivo is still cutting programs short, i have even checked the record settings and made sure they were set as advised and still its playing up!

The pause is useless as well! we cant seem to trust this box to record or pause! i ahve tried to reset the box  couple of times and that doenst make any difference

** ++ Superhub 3 (Modem Mode) - Vivid350 - Asus AC1200 - Netgear GS108 Switches - FTP and Plex Servers - NAS Drives ++ **
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response.

Have you been to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings and made sure this is set up correctly?

What issues are you having with the pause button?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
sku11meister
Superfast
Message 15 of 24
Flag for a moderator

hi , yes i checked the settings and made sure it starts 1 min before and 5 mins after. the pause only pauses up to the hour! so say i start watching a program at 1800, at 1820 i pause it for 15 mins then carry on watching, when it gets to 1900 it kicks me out of the paused program and starts playing the new show as scheduled at 1900? Then i cannot even re-wind past 1900 even though we have been on that channel for over an hour and not turned it over?

its useless! means we have to record everything we want to pause which is stupid! I dont think this is how the tivo is supposed to work! its basically useless!

also the series link does not record every episode even after i check the series link options to record everything? it just records on episode then misses the rest. that i noticed last week when i went to watch some documenties id set to record and discovered it only recorded one episod and missed everthing after! And those programs were not on catchup wither so ive now missed them :/

** ++ Superhub 3 (Modem Mode) - Vivid350 - Asus AC1200 - Netgear GS108 Switches - FTP and Plex Servers - NAS Drives ++ **
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@sku11meister wrote:

hi , yes i checked the settings and made sure it starts 1 min before and 5 mins after. the pause only pauses up to the hour! so say i start watching a program at 1800, at 1820 i pause it for 15 mins then carry on watching, when it gets to 1900 it kicks me out of the paused program and starts playing the new show as scheduled at 1900? Then i cannot even re-wind past 1900 even though we have been on that channel for over an hour and not turned it over?

its useless! means we have to record everything we want to pause which is stupid! I dont think this is how the tivo is supposed to work! its basically useless!

also the series link does not record every episode even after i check the series link options to record everything? it just records on episode then misses the rest. that i noticed last week when i went to watch some documenties id set to record and discovered it only recorded one episod and missed everthing after! And those programs were not on catchup wither so ive now missed them :/

The effect you saw/are seeing will happen only if another recording is starting on that channel/buffer at 19:00 (or indeed at any other time a programme starts that's being recorded on that channel).  If you were paused/behind time on another channel then you would get the usual one rolling hour of buffer.  The V6 (and the older TiVo) clears the buffer to start the new recording.  If it is paused on another channel than that being recorded then the buffer will not "reset".

The V6 has 6 tuners available, so it's actually not normally problematic to hit record if you want to be certain of not losing a buffer (unless you know there's nothing else being recorded on that channel later).

With regards to Series Links, there isn't a general problem with them, but there are instances when things go awry - this can be due to incorrect meta data or other problems, but you'd need to say the specific series in order for someone to comment on what the particular problem was/is.

EDIT: If these problems are definitely happening always, and not just in the scenario detailed above then call it in as a fault (although it's an unusual one!).  Noting that if VM act upon the fault report then in all likelihood they'll changed your V6 for another one, so you'll lose all the recordings.

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi sku11meister

Sorry to hear about the above 

Happy to help with this

But would need account access 

Let me know and I will send you a private message 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 18 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@Cueball99
Correct me if I am wrong, but a "LG Horizon" is not a V6 box and as such functions is a different way and are only available in Ireland and not the UK, so you are on the wrong pages offering wrong information and advice.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 19 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@michaeldavis wrote:

@Cueball99
Correct me if I am wrong, but a "LG Horizon" is not a V6 box and as such functions is a different way and are only available in Ireland and not the UK, so you are on the wrong pages offering wrong information and advice.

I believe Cueball99 was referring to the fact that the roadmap for the future is that Liberty Global will bring all their boxes across Europe on to the same standard of interface, wherein the V6 boxes will have a (future) version of the Horizon inteface/software on them - which hopefully won't have the same TiVo software "feature" of the buffer flushing.

Keith

Superuser1718.png

Cueball99
Fibre optic
Message 20 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Indeed I was Keithse.