cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TV Channel

sfj1309
Joining in

Can anyone advise who or what I should approach in Virgin to ask them to add a TV channel to their offering. I’ve noticed that we already have BBC2 England, NI and Scotland but not BBC2 Wales. How do I go about asking Virgin to add the Wales channel please?

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are not going to get any more regional channels added to the ones already available. The reason the BBC1 national variations are there is primarily because of the local news bulletins. VM only provides your local BBC2 on 102. If you want other variations of BBC2 then there is the iPlayer (whose region you can change in the settings) or you can get a Freesat box, as satellite by its nature comes from one point in space, so carries all the regions anyway.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Then why is BBC2 NI and Scotland available in England? BBC2 Wales is also not now available on Freesat in England. It used to be but not now. It is available on Sky though. It seems some one or people have taken a deliberate decision to not show BBC2 Wales in England. It’s that that I’m trying to get changed. 

On what channel numbers are you seeing BBC2 NI and Scotland on VirginMedia?

You can watch them in the BBC iPlayer app.

@sfj1309 wrote:

Then why is BBC2 NI and Scotland available in England? BBC2 Wales is also not now available on Freesat in England. It used to be but not now. It is available on Sky though. It seems some one or people have taken a deliberate decision to not show BBC2 Wales in England. It’s that that I’m trying to get changed. 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

cje85
Trouble shooter

There is no BBC Two Scotland anymore, it closed in 2019. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Two_Scotland

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sfj1309 wrote:

BBC2 HD Wales is on Freesat in England. I'm watching it now on Freesat channel 971. BBC2 Scotland was replaced by BBC Scotland, so they now get the English version.

The SD versions have been withdrawn from ALL platforms except Freeview, so if you have an SD only Freesat box it needs changing. Virgin Media has NEVER provided BBC2 Wales & NI outside these regions, & this will not change.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks