cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sharp TV - Volume/Mute Buttons Don't Work

krlmgr
Joining in

Hello, I've purchased a new Sharp TV; everything works great, except for the fact that my remote is no longer able to change volume up or down, or mute the sound.

From looking around this seems to be a common issue, but everything I've tried, namely resetting the remote and entering the codes, won't work and it's driving me round the bend.

Is there a last resort I can try or a solution I may not have seen? Would ordering a new remote fix the issue, and if so how can I go about ordering one please?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @krlmgr 

Please try the following:-

Using your remote press Home > Help and Settings > Help > Set up Remote. 

Follow the instructions there it should give you a series of codes to try. 

You can also put 0999 in place of the code and press channel up until the TV turns off, then press OK.

There's also the following online help to try, and if it fails there' s a link to order a new remote on the last page.

virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/not-working-v6 

Also on the last page is a link to download the TV Control app which you can set up and use as a remote until you receive a replacement.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the reply @newapollo

I appreciate it. 

I've already tried the steps with the codes and got nowhere with them. I tried the 20 odd the box gave me then pressing 'channel up' on the remote every 2 seconds and nothing came up trumps. 

The link to order a replacement remote won't work either - it just says "oops, something is broken." Not sure if it's a temporary problem or not. 

It's not the biggest issue in the world but I'd prefer if it worked as it should.

Thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @krlmgr 

You can also try the following link

virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

Or log into My Virgin Media at the top of the page and click on Service Status > and follow the prompts or go to 

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-remote-control-damaged  and try ordering from there. It may take a while as the site is being updated.

If you keep getting error messages then clear  your cache and cookies or try a different browser.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you, but it may be a few days.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your help newapollo (sorry, I don't know how to tag). I'm still having no luck with the order page but it's not the biggest of issues so will make do for now and check in a week or so.

Cheers again.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @krlmgr 

Hopefully a member of the Forum team will pick this up and order a new remote for you.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi @krlmgr,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your remote buttons and have been unable to re-order one online.

We want to best help regarding this. I have sent a private message regarding this. Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right-hand corner regarding this. Please provide a response when you can 🙂

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for letting me know @krlmgr.

In this case, please do not hesitate to contact us if in case you wish to move forward with this again or if you have any other issues. We will be happy to help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs